Autistamatic
A
thread 1/4
#AskingAutistics #actuallyautistic
I have a question for anyone who's both #autistic and #pda
Have any accommodations (changes to policy/procedure) ever been put in place to mitigate the impact of your PDA in your place of work or education? If so - what were they and did they make a positive dif
10:08 AM - Jun 27, 2023
Autistamatic
A
thread 2/4
To add context - I've asked this question of a number of people and had very little in response. A few have reported changes in the approach of specific individuals, but none that has been formally recognised as a change in procedure or culture.
10:09 AM - Jun 27, 2023
Autistamatic
A
thread 3/4
More have said they are afraid to raise the subject than have actually discussed it & of those who HAVE brought it up, no alteration has been made to the policies, methods or training programmes of the organisations concerned.
10:09 AM - Jun 27, 2023
Autistamatic
A
thread 4/4
I'm asking for 1 of the 2 follow-ups I'm working on for the video below. If there are organisations willing to make permanent changes to accommodate #pda employees/students/clients I'd like to hear more.
https://youtu.be/A-oS-BChB...
When NO Doesn't Mean NO - PDA & Autism (Pathological Demand Avoidance) - YouTube

PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance) can have a HUGE impact on people's lives. This video looks at how it's commonly misrepresented and how worrisome the popu...

10:10 AM - Jun 27, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}