Beth RN
A
Hi. Just a friendly reminder that the egregiously long wait in your local ER is not the fault of the emergency physicians or nurses. It’s caused by a broken healthcare system that leaves ERs as the only place that millions of Americans can seek care. Please don’t yell at us. We’re doing our best.
01:53 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Anita Rosen
A
In response to Beth RN.
I took my mother-in-law to her doctor. The doctor recommended that I take her to the ER since the results will come back that day instead of next week. ER instead of primary care is now the norm. BTW this is Stanford University health care, not rural healthcare.
01:24 PM - Feb 11, 2024
Stewart Tan
A
In response to Beth RN.
Agree 💯

An (imperfect) analogy would be how airlines deliver flight status info. You used to call the airlines to check on when a flight arrives. Now you go to their website or get sms updates. It's a win-win, the customer instant response, the airline can handle real inquiries.
10:33 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Misha Van Mollusq
A
In response to Beth RN.
We avoid the HR on health “emergencies” unless it’s a full on life or death situation .
Very impressed by our first experience of Kaiser Urgent Care two days ago.
Very efficient we were in and out in 40 minutes with a bag of prescriptions
07:59 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Barbara Edelman
A
In response to Misha Van Mollusq.
i went 2 urgent care few months ago when i thought i might have broken my foot. i couldn’t get through to my primary’s office. they’d just been hoovered up by optum & had gone from a well functioning office to a clusterfuck. i saw a pa & an xray tech, found it was not broken & was home w/i an hour.
01:29 PM - Nov 20, 2023
Linda the scandi
A
In response to Misha Van Mollusq.
Right? I don't understand why not more people utilize Urgent Cares.
07:51 AM - Nov 26, 2023
Jerry Wechsler
A
In response to Beth RN.
I’ve not missed an opportunity to offer thanks to every health care professional during the course of the pandemic.
03:53 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Beth RN.
I NEVER yell at ER staff & HCW. I just do my utmost to avoid the ER including, but not limited to, giving myself stitches at home.
03:48 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Beth RN
A
In response to Annie Bee Good.
Thank you for not yelling at us & avoiding the ER during times of non-emergency, however we would all be glad to assist with sutures, rather than have you risk infection by doing it at home :) if that need comes up again, please come see us!
04:16 PM - Jun 28, 2023
C suzie
A
In response to Beth RN.
I thank everyone who does this work .
03:43 PM - Jun 28, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to Beth RN.
Yes, we totally understand.
Also, we don't have a 'healthcare' system, it's just a disease management system.
03:25 PM - Jun 28, 2023
Terry Stinnett
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
Totally get the sentiment. It's not even rising to the level of a disease management "system" There is realistically no system except the EMR and those too are a cluster IME
07:44 AM - Nov 26, 2023

Only followers of this user (BanBillionaires) can see their posts

Ground Control
A
In response to Beth RN.
When I had to go to one for gallstones last year, my only thought was how grateful I was for the care, even with the painful 20 minute wait. So I appreciate all you and all your colleagues do daily. The alternatives are horrible.
03:23 PM - Jun 28, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}