Kevin Kretsch
A
thread 1/4
I can tell you, from the noise I could hear my corner of the 15th arrondissement, there was a lot of anger in the city of Paris last night. It was a night of sirens and loud bangs. It’s easy to say “just rioting scumbags” or « racaille » but no, the kids are right to be angry and we need to listen.
01:49 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
thread 2/4
Police arrest 150 as unrest spreads to multiple towns after 17-year-old driver killed by police.
04:55 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
thread 3/4
French politicians are using police in the United States as a point of reference for how unacceptable and shocking police violence in France has become. That’s a damning indictment of both French and US police forces.
04:57 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Kevin Kretsch
A
thread 4/4
But I doubt anything will change, because most politicians in France and the US are white and/or relatively wealthy and will never suffer the consequences of police violence personally.
04:57 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Tom Auu
A
We have phones to record videos today. Think of what happened 15 or 20 years ago with police making up shit to blame people. Police has additional power to take enforce the law, but their power should not be left unchecked.
Credibility shot: Killing, cover-up & rampant racial profiling 'increase mistrust' in French police - YouTube

A 17-year-old delivery driver was shot and killed by a police officer Tuesday in a Paris suburb, according to his family’s lawyers. The death unleashed tensi...

In response to Kevin Kretsch.
03:49 AM - Jun 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}