Bernice A. King
A
We should not need #AffirmativeAction . But we do. Because racism, particularly anti-Black racism, persists in our systems, policies, and institutions.

Until we change that, decision-makers must be made to make equitable decisions.

The #SupremeCourt ruling prevents that mandate.
11:20 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Bruno and Augie’s Dad
A
In response to Bernice A. King.
Interestingly, he doesn't mention race once inside, cast, and yet the conclusions all highlight just how racist our admission processes are. Someone please remind me to write more about this on Monday when I get back home.

https://www.pushkin.fm/pod...
07:03 PM - Jul 07, 2023
BetsyK #FirstWave
A
I agree with you. Thanks for sharing this.
11:56 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tanya
A
My first inclination is to do everything I can to build up the Black community. Because at this point, I am more distrustful of this government's ability to treat Black people fairly. So why not create spaces of our own?
07:12 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Kathy Dunn
A
This is no time to stop pressing for equality
12:10 PM - Jun 30, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
We need a few new universities established by all those who benefited from affirmative action. It's not just the education and knowledge, it's about the connections built too.
It wrong of SCOTUS to end affirmative action, but we need viable alternatives NOW.
01:35 PM - Jun 29, 2023
MEAction NOW
A
In response to MEAction NOW.
Many ivy league colleges have POC as educators, we need to take them and other good educators and establish some very good and even better universities.
01:38 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Jillian Anger
A
Hell, at this point I’d settle for allowing private colleges and universities to be even ALLOWED to choose affirmative action policies.

Not only are they not forced/encouraged to level the field, they are PREVENTED from doing so.
12:41 PM - Jun 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}