Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 1/3
"To say categorically that AAPIs will benefit from taking away #AffirmativeAction action is a fallacy. It is important to remember that our community is not a monolith, and we have the highest disparities within any racial group when it comes to college attainment rates, as well as income levels."
10:47 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 2/3
A big reason I feel incensed right now is that a lot of this was done in our names. We Asians are not a monolith. Heck. Brown Asians exist (I'm one) and we have a hella lot of income disparities among us.
--
The Model Minority Myth delenda est. It puts a wedge b/w our communities.
11:32 AM - Jun 29, 2023
Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 3/3
"By focusing on race-based rather than gender-based policies, anti-affirmative action contingencies were able to ignite a politics of white grievance that allied white women with white men against affirmative action."

#collegeadmissions #AffirmativeAction
12:49 PM - Jun 29, 2023
Tricia G., MLS
A
I'm actually glad they come far from just fashion/makeup tips and "how to get and keep your crush" article.

Don't snooze on these lifestyle sites. Sometimes their news divisions are doing harder hitting stuff than MSM. (I think Buzzfeed recently had to let go some of their news division).
In response to Bruno and Augie’s Dad.
09:01 PM - Jun 29, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}