Steve Rogers
A
thread 1/2
The Supreme Court needs term limits. This should include a bipartisan House and Senate review of each Justice on performance and adherence to the Code of Ethics at least every four years. The Court should not be allowed to be the untouchable, omnipotent, self-serving elitists they currently are.
12:37 AM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)
Steve Rogers
A
thread 2/2
I wanted to include lopsided, in my description but I ran out of characters. 😉
12:57 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Sarah Daniel
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
And what about all that lying during confirmation hearings? What will put a stop to that?
06:18 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
In response to Sarah Daniel.
That:s where the bipartisan review board comes in. This kind of lying is going unchecked at this point along with the "gifting" crimes because the current Supreme Court is basically untouchable and has a "what are you going to do about it" attitude. This would be easy to handle with a review board.
03:22 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
In response to Steve Rogers.
Term limits, code of ethics, expand the court. The works.

And not just because this particular SCOTUS has been extraordinarily awful. SCOTUS is probably the least accountable branch of the entire government. They can't be voted out like a legislator or executive. They need more constraints.
01:46 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Steve Rogers
A
In response to Anton Brakhage.
Exactly, some of the Justices let their position go to their heads, abused their positions and uncovered some very serious flaws in the way this Court has been allowed to operate. We should learn from its pitfalls. This S.C. is long overdue for an upgrade. Autonomy and unchecked is unacceptable.
02:37 AM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}