RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
thread 1/8
So...tell me true...why do Americans in general tolerate the corruption of people who should be held to a higher standard. The Moore Decision was a bone that people warned not to celebrate over, because today, the 6 decided the Constitution was worth a lot less than what their pimps pay them.
12:32 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 2/8
This all goes back to the Citizen's United case back in 2013 where the courts held that money equaled speech. However, it's not really not that difficult to see exactly how this came about.
12:33 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 3/8
We all knew that people who can't profit off of freedom will pit disadvantaged groups against each other in order to rob the coffers, and this has been going on for way too long.
12:34 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 4/8
I realize that most of this was simmering since 1968 with the Atwater Southern Straetgy, however, thanks to non-voting from people, and Trump, we find ourselves in a time where we have to fight to get Biden a clear FDR/LBJ type of majority in congress.
12:35 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 5/8
Our work doesn't end there, we also must fight hard for local and state-wide seats as well, as they're just as important. This is something the MAGA bitches understand, and something we Dems and Indies better understand better.
12:35 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 6/8
As for the rulings of the SCOTUS...the 6 who answer to their pimps would rather take their money and ill-gotten gains and run rather than to submit to a code of ethics. Also Roberts has balls to complain about being called out, when his own behavior is suspect.
12:37 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 7/8
There's going to be setbacks like these. We have only one option, and that's to push the GOP out of ALL offices, and put in constructional amendments to reverse the SCOTUS' fuckery.
12:38 PM - Jun 30, 2023
A
thread 8/8
Because trust me when I say this, 4 of the 6 will have to retire eventually, or the law will catch up to them. It also is time for we Americans to demand that these people be held to a higher standard.
12:39 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}