King Lavender-licous
A
If we weren't fighting for basic rights I'd agree with being picky.

If we weren't constantly fighting off republicans who want to tear down everything we've ever built, I could understand being picky.

Picky is a luxury. We’ve got to survive and hope we make it to picky.
ManKillah Fruitface @FruitFacedFruitKace
11:00 PM - Jun 29, 2023
12:19 AM - Jun 30, 2023 (Edited)
David 1914
A
In response to King Lavender-licous.
I don’t see where voting for Dems all these years have helped. If you believe that a duopoly is all we will ever have then you continue to vote for the Dems. But if you believe the Dems can should be replaced with a less conservative party then things might have to get worse before they get better.
10:02 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
In response to David 1914.
Dude living in Francd says what?
10:33 AM - Jun 30, 2023
David 1914
A
In response to Ethical Atheist.
This dude is born and raised in the US. This dude has voted in every election since he was 18. This dude will pay taxes to the US until he is 6 feet under. Now do you still want to contend that I don’t have a right to an opinion about my country? Or that’s not the type of democracy you want? 🤔
10:38 AM - Jun 30, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
I was just pointing out you chose not to live in this country.

It's up to each of us to weigh that as we will but I though it worth mentioning.
12:19 PM - Jun 30, 2023
David 1914
A
I vote base on what I believe is in the best interest of my people back home who are impacted by the policies of the govt. So while I am no longer a Dem at heart because I’ve seen them as being ineffective the last 40 years, I still mostly vote Dem for my people. But it seems futile in a duopoly.
12:48 PM - Jun 30, 2023
Ethical Atheist
A
How is it futile when it's your only option to stop full on fascism?

That's what I don't get.

It sucks but our only option is harm reduction.

If only more had understood that in 2016.
01:43 PM - Jun 30, 2023
David 1914
A
I guess what I’m trying to say and not doing a good job of is what is the plan to move the Dems noticeably to the left. Because if they just stay where they are now, center right, and win the next election will try really be able to stop fascism or does it just buy time for the Repubs to regroup ?
01:56 PM - Jun 30, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}