Ola
A
Sometimes the only power an abuser has is to tell you you are overreacting. Notice, they’re not denying what they’ve done. They’re denying your right to respond how you see fit.

Your response is valid. Their abuse was not.
11:57 AM - Feb 15, 2023
Beth Dee
A
In response to Ola.
I didn’t recognize gaslighting in my marriage because I was raised by a gaslighter. It took a physical, mental, and spiritual collapse followed by meeting ladies who lived the same truth to help me smash this delusion once and for all. Never say “why do they stay?” I didn’t know what I didn’t know.
05:35 PM - May 06, 2024
Diane Aoki
A
In response to Ola.
True true truth.
12:44 AM - May 06, 2023
Bren
A
In response to Ola.
Truth, well put. 💙
Classes for recognizing manipulation should be started young, at home. The best defence against falling for it and racism as well is knowledge about how it's done and the ugly head's agenda.
06:14 AM - Apr 15, 2023
Leesa Blue
A
In response to Ola.
Yep. Classic emotional abuse. Makes sane people (esp. women) start to believe they are crazy.
Just ugly manipulation. Time to go!
02:47 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Dee Sweat
A
In response to Leesa Blue.
In my case, my father drugged and molested me until I was 8 and he got "caught" in my bed. And then tried to discredit me
02:01 AM - May 06, 2023
Sue Edgett
A
In response to Ola.
I was always someone who tried to help those in abusive relationships find their strength to stand on their own. But until I found myself in an emotionally abusive marriage, I never truly understood how hard it is to find that strength. Fortunately, I had strong family ties to help me. Many do not.
12:56 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Leesa Blue
A
In response to Sue Edgett.
Thank you, for being that rock for others. You are so needed and so valued. ❤️
11:37 PM - May 06, 2023
Strohcat
A
In response to Ola.
I can't tell you how many times I heard that during my marriage........
12:48 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Myke
A
In response to Ola.
Gaslighting is one of the worst things. It makes you question everything. I'm sorry you've experienced it.
12:22 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}