Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 1/5
I'm really sick of folks trying to use us as shields and pawns and wedges for their desire to keep the societal status quo and it's hierarchy intact. #NotInMyName
06:52 AM - Jul 01, 2023 (Edited)
Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 2/5
From IG: teachandtransform, with regram

I've seen plenty of talk about meritocracy. In practice, it excludes those not of the societal status quo. The attitude that we don't measure up even with the same qualifications. That we didn't earn them because. Melanin. It's worse for my Black colleagues.
07:05 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 3/5
I've felt the nettles and messages of "imposter syndrome". There is a reason I put it in quotes now. It's often societal attitudes that send those barbs to me and others.
--
I belong here. Colleagues more melaninated than me belong here. Period.
07:13 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 4/5
withregram • teachandtransform
... It is hard to put together any eloquent words while seeing red from such disgust and anger, so please also listen to my sisters in action michellekimkim and beyonkz who have so beautifully articulated their thoughts. As cathyparkhong said, NOT IN MY NAME.
10:37 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Tricia G., MLS
A
thread 5/5
withregram • teachandtransform

I've already spoken at length about university staff being in this mix, as I'm a BBIMP staffer myself, so I'm not rehashing here.

Again. #NotInMyName , especially as a woman Brown And Asian
10:43 AM - Jul 01, 2023 (Edited)
Tricia G., MLS
A
Better in another thread. This one is specifically talking about race and "meritocracy".
In response to Carol Glynn.
07:22 AM - Jul 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}