Christopher Bouzy
A
There are 100 - 400 billion stars in each galaxy, with at least one planet orbiting each star. There are 100 billion galaxies in the universe. That means there are trillions of planets in the universe, so yes, there is life on other planets.
08:50 AM - Jul 01, 2023
aka Tiffany
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Our arrogance and our facade of superiority keeps people from even contemplating that life elsewhere is possible. I believe there is something out there, what kind…who knows? We shall find out at some point!
10:51 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Mary Becker
A
We have aliens right here on earth. They are known as MAGA and they're dangerous.
10:12 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Thunderschnozzle
A
Maybe if you guys upgrade your infrastructure by hooking your servers to some high powered radio satellites, we can communicate with them over Spoutible. 🙏🤞😋
10:08 AM - Jul 01, 2023
QuirkyGrrrl
A
When I saw the iMax movie about the Hubble telescope, it blew my mind visually as they kept pulling back, back, back, back, and you see all the galaxies going on into infinity. There is no fucking way we are the only ones.
10:03 AM - Jul 01, 2023
avavaughn
B
If there are other life forms out there, I hope they don't find us. Think how advanced they must be to get here.
09:49 AM - Jul 01, 2023
déjà vu
A
09:20 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Pedro José Aponte Gil de Lamadrid
A
Agree, but probably not like Hollywood pictures them.
09:05 AM - Jul 01, 2023
WhatYewPineFir
A
I know this sounds weird, but I have always thought that Carl Sagan was a hybrid; his prescience was hard to explain....
09:03 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Alice Haugen
A
Scientist here: not every star has a planet. Not every galaxy is habitable (movements in globulars = too many close encounters). In spirals most stars have no habitable planets (too close, too much radiation, too far, not enough heavier elements). Red dwarfs may be bad. Still a lot of possibles.
09:03 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
In response to Alice Haugen.
Don't several of your remarks presuppose that the lifeforms surmised about be ones substantively like ours & thus not viable in environments materially different from ours?
09:36 AM - Jul 01, 2023

Only followers of this user (FruitFacedFruitKace) can see their posts

Ennis Cole
A
And all of them have so far avoided our planet, which should say something.
08:53 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Tony_Bell
A
In response to Ennis Cole.
It might say that to those lifeforms, our planet seems uninhabitable. It may also say that we are too far from them to be reached in a timely or efficient manner. Or it may say they aren't advanced enough to do so. Or it may say they have lived, come here, left & died b4 moden humans existed.
09:41 AM - Jul 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}