Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
thread 1/7
When I was younger being in mostly white spaces I got told I was "affirmative action" as an insult at school and work. They ignored all the hard work I put into studying all the merit I earned by actually keeping my head in books, reduced by white people assuming I was there due to an "unfair rule."
11:41 AM - Jul 01, 2023
A
thread 2/7
For me Affirmative action was always used as a way to diminish all the hard work I did academically and to lessen my place in both corporate and any settings white folks deemed not for me. It gave me serious imposter syndrome I struggle with today.
11:42 AM - Jul 01, 2023
A
thread 3/7
I am not happy with the ruling our supreme court laid out, but I do understand how negatively folks assuming that black people in academia and beyond were just "given a place." Failing to understand how many of us struggled due to the bigotry we had to ignore just to survive.
11:43 AM - Jul 01, 2023
A
thread 4/7
I think the most frustrating part was there was no way I could have been an "affirmative action" enrolled student or hire in any of my field choices but it would have been nice. I ended up getting a degree i'll never use due to just wanting to finish some form of higher education.
11:44 AM - Jul 01, 2023
A
thread 5/7
The negative impact of white Americans upset with the thought that people like me (who often have to buckle down study hard and still deal with disrespect) do not belong in their spaces or if we are there got there due to Affirmative action...It really makes this ruling a bitter one for me.
11:46 AM - Jul 01, 2023
A
thread 6/7
I hope those of you still looking to be the center of everything feel happy now. Your getting your way even if you don't think you are. Denying the kids you scorned for being in "your spaces" even more opportunities. Unfortunately for you we will just create our own learning spaces.
11:47 AM - Jul 01, 2023
A
thread 7/7
Black people have been navigating your nonsense for so long. Most of us have already begun to educate our kids in our on way. We will survive this ruling and build our own education structures and maybe reshape business to. From the ashes of this bad ruling we will rise stronger. /end
11:48 AM - Jul 01, 2023
Resister
A
It's hard not to internalize the negative and erroneous messages we are given when young. The second agreement (from The Four Agreements), is to not take anything personally. I hope you can kick away that racism, and embrace your authenticity!
11:47 AM - Jul 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}