Thistlebloom Farm
A
Just got home from having our wonderful ferret Beau put to sleep. His lifemate Tink sniffed me all over when I got home and is acting like she knows he's gone. Same with his adopted son/bro, Pretzel. Absolutely gutted to have lost such a bright, ebullient light. So grateful he was in our lives.
04:03 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Thistlebloom Farm.
So sorry for your loss…🌈I hope Beau crossed the Rainbow bridge peacefully…
04:15 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Thistlebloom Farm
A
In response to Lisse (she/her).
Thank you for your kind words. Most fortunately, the veterinarian knew exactly how to do it well and let us hold him in our arms as he passed. Still devastated by his loss. You'd think after decades of ferret experience it would get easier, but it never does. And Beau was extremely wonderful.
04:27 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
You are welcome. No. It never gets easier, because Beau was part of your life. I’m glad you were able to hold him and make him feel safe as he transitioned. That was a great thing that the vet did. ☺️
04:36 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Thistlebloom Farm
A
It was wonderful of them. That veterinary practice doesn't see ferrets except to euthanize them in a pinch, but they've improved dramatically since the last time I had to go there. I hope they'll keep it up and that maybe they might start seeing pets other than cats and dogs.
09:03 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
Oh! They don’t see ferrets? Well, that’s unfortunate. At least they were humane with Beau. Maybe they will expand to other animals. Ferrets aren’t uncommon pets.
09:28 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Thistlebloom Farm
A
My thoughts, exactly. That said, they do require specialized equipment and/or training in order to handle things like blood tests and other diagnostics. Among other things, their blood vessels can be hard to find and their metabolic issues are pretty specific and can be tricky to deal with.
09:39 PM - Jul 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}