S Olson
A
All right I think I finally exhausted my Tweetdeck hack but basically people on the birb app are really letting Musk have it. He either gets Twitter fixed (good luck with that, he messed with what engineers who used to work at Twitter had locked down tight) or everyone leaves. Possibly both.
11:01 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Jamie Gallant
A
In response to S Olson.
Well, if he doesn't fix it a lot, most unverified users I suspect anyway, are likely to simply be forced elsewhere due to sheer un-useability. As it stands now, for me, new tweets are loading roughly once an hour. I cannot reply, retweet, or like, and no DM's will send.
11:05 PM - Jul 01, 2023
S Olson
A
In response to Jamie Gallant.
By using Tweetdeck weirdly I was able to end-run some things but not others. There are rate limits to everything I just don't quite know what they are. I say weirdly because Tweetdeck's blog says it makes many more requests (calls) of Twitter's API than Twitter itself (e.g. refreshing TD = 3 calls).
11:08 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Jamie Gallant
A
In response to S Olson.
That is weird.
11:09 PM - Jul 01, 2023
S Olson
A
I can't quite figure it out but another end run is if you have a different device to log in with, you can log out of it & then log in again on another. People are bouncing between phones, iPads/tablets & laptops/desktops if they have them to try. It tags the device somehow to start the read count.
11:12 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Jamie Gallant
A
In response to S Olson.
Weirder still. But since I don't have that option to try, I guess I'll just have to keep refreshing every so often until it either comes back... or doesn't.
11:26 PM - Jul 01, 2023
S Olson
A
Yeah just a laptop here, no other devices to try. I did reboot my router & MacBook Air to see if I could force that counter to reset but alas nope.
I am hearing if you use OldTwitter with Chrome or Firefox that might work.
11:38 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Jamie Gallant
A
In response to S Olson.
Tried that. No go.
11:50 PM - Jul 01, 2023
S Olson
A
Well I'll just chill for several hours then try again (I mostly want to reply to some DMs & figure out how we're going to do WGA strike & possible SAG-AFTRA strike stuff not on Twitter assuming the mess on Twitter cannot be fixed)
11:57 PM - Jul 01, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}