Christopher Bouzy
A
I am sure Elon will reverse course soon, because all he is doing is driving traffic to the alternatives.
11:57 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
That depends on what the goal is. I suspect he's *trying* to kill it.
12:11 AM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)
Lindi Emoungu
B
In response to Tim Graf.
That’s interesting, why? He paid $20B more than Twitter was worth to buy it. Why would he then intentionally kill it? Sincere question. Maybe bankruptcy can get him out of his loan obligations? Is that the reason?
12:47 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tim Graf
A
All attempts to create MAGA-flavored Twitter clones failed. Twitter was 15+ years old and had a ready-made audience for MAGA BS, but there were too many controls. Enter Elon, who removes controls and let the crazies loose. Poof, twitter is now a ready-made MAGA haven.
In response to Lindi Emoungu.
12:52 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lindi Emoungu
B
In response to Tim Graf.
Okay, but why is he trying to kill it? Musk bought Twitter to make it exactly what you describe. He succeeded. He gave every incel willing to pay a blue check and social clout. They owned the libs. Now why would he kill what he made?
12:58 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tim Graf
A
In response to Lindi Emoungu.
Pure speculation, but I'd bet money that he and Dorsey made some kind of deal to get Jack out from under it with the stipulation that Elon would kill Twitter so BlueSky could be the new big thing without all the baggage and regulation.
01:03 AM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}