Christopher Bouzy
A
I am sure Elon will reverse course soon, because all he is doing is driving traffic to the alternatives.
11:57 PM - Jul 01, 2023
Anthony Lee
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Then we'll know which new Spoutible users are here just because Twitter is down versus those who really see the value of Spoutible.
06:24 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
Last night I was thinking he was just going to bankrupt it for tax deductions and move on. He certainly has done everything he can to implode it.
06:49 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Patrick Roach
A
I am not convinced of that. Seems this whole fiasco happened because Twitter didn't pay its bill for hosting services. Even if he sorts it out now, it will happen again.
05:44 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Dennis Schmitz
A
I wonder how they're supposed to fix they created recently after almost no developers are left.

Elon is a textbook dumbass.
04:13 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Wacholderin 2
A
I liked Twitter. It connected incredibly different people, organisations, walks of life all over the world. There were all opinions, lots of great people and lots of idiots. Just like real life. And there were always people who helped when you were pressed.
04:09 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Wacholderin 2
A
In response to Wacholderin 2.
There was an attempt to limit hate, which also often didn't succeed. Now? It doesn't really make sense if I can't read the tweets of the people and organisations I follow, nor the tweets of those who follow me. I can't open trends, I can't open tweets ...
04:12 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tanya Talks
A
I think he was encouraged to purchase the company to destroy it. Just like trump was egged on to be president so mcconnell could stuff the courts
03:24 AM - Jul 02, 2023
MadofOligarchy
A
Please can we have larger font size. Thanks.
03:17 AM - Jul 02, 2023
MadofOligarchy
A
03:16 AM - Jul 02, 2023
AkuAbbata
A
I think whatever Musk is doing is by design. Twitter has been slowly collapsing since he took over. And I think that's the plan, to force people to leave.
02:37 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lawrence Krubner
A
I pay $8 a month to use Twitter. For the last 9 hours I have not been allowed to like a tweet, or to retweet, or post any tweets of my own. $96 a year for what? I wanted to post this as my goodbye on Twitter, but I wasn't able to, so I've posted it here instead

https://spoutible.com/thre...
02:10 AM - Jul 02, 2023
direwolf
A
I mean you're trying to apply logic to the illogical. My guess is he keeps on driving the bird towards extinction
01:28 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lindi Emoungu
B
And can somebody please explain to me why Linda Yaccarino came on board as Twitter’s CEO when it was obvious that Twitter was sinking? Was she blackballed from her industry? Did she get a huge wad of dark money?
01:26 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
In response to Lindi Emoungu.
good question

She probably looked at the situation and thought she won’t catch the blame it was so bad. And if she could turn the titanic she’d be seen as a miracle worker.
08:23 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lindi Emoungu
B
In response to Lindi Emoungu.
lmao!
06:52 PM - Jul 02, 2023
Guy Copes
A
I mean, that's what a rational, well intentioned business leader would do. Elon seems to be neither.
01:23 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Jamie Gallant
A
Not that I don't like it here but I hope so. Twitter is my only real connection to some people who aren't on other platforms.
12:59 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lindi Emoungu
B
Remember when he reinstated Trump? He was all: “Vox populi, vox Dei,” my fanboys have spoken, I’m letting him back on.

Fast forward to today: Truth Social works, Twitter’s broken, Trump never went back to Twitter, Musk is broke and Trump is indicted.
12:55 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Bastiaan C. Bunnik
A
Yeah, this made twitter unusable. The limit is reached after a few hours of scrolling
12:52 AM - Jul 02, 2023
The Trekspert
A
I think the broad consensus is he owes Google a buttload of money for hosting, and so they are throttling him - it’s the first of the month, and that’s often bills come due, plus no warning - and he’s passing it on to the users.
12:52 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lindi Emoungu
B
In response to The Trekspert.
Exactly.
01:00 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Lindi Emoungu
B
Twitter worked for me briefly earlier after being completely inaccessible all morning. I thought maybe he paid his cloud bill. Nope. Completely broken for me again.

He’s broke and it’s dead.
12:44 AM - Jul 02, 2023
MaxxMilly Browne 808
A
Horrible jerk that he is??? #justsaying
12:37 AM - Jul 02, 2023
David Basora
A
I’m so tired of him.
12:37 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Blackity Black
A
Ion’t care. Ive thrown my pokey ball and chosen my fighter..
12:35 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Umbrae Soulsbane
A
That assumes he has a choice. Seems to be an excuse to cover a software big (when they locked public viewing of posts) or throttling due to non payment. Whatever the reason Twitter is literally useless.
12:34 AM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)
Mary
A
Pretty quickly people will not be able to tweet, won’t see the ads- he’ll lose revenue. Very bad for business. They won’t pay for his service. He’s created tons of ill-will w/twitter folks
12:34 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Robert Wheeler
A
Seems like just complete incompetence. Rudderless. Just steering the ship on pure gut instinct. That quote about Elon trial and erroring his way back around to the original twitter policies is now starting to sound a bit generous.
12:31 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Freddy Guylexa
A
Well here we come 😊
12:26 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Amy Magnus
A
The metering is such a strange choice. It has to dampen engagement to intolerable levels.
12:24 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Dan Kelly
A
In response to Amy Magnus.
It's not a choice, it's a lie to cover his non payment Google Cloud Services. He's just bullshitting. However, it appears to be working ok-ish for me again. And earlier was still working ok on my PC standalone app version.
12:40 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Joanna Baker
A
My thought as well. I'm sure he's losing followers by the thousands.
12:18 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Kate Head
A
I think it’s intentional

Agree

Disagree

14 votes — 12:17 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Live Animation
A
Well he's ensured no one will ever follow him into space.

#SpaceKaren
12:12 AM - Jul 02, 2023
Tim Graf
A
That depends on what the goal is. I suspect he's *trying* to kill it.
12:11 AM - Jul 02, 2023 (Edited)
Lindi Emoungu
B
In response to Tim Graf.
That’s interesting, why? He paid $20B more than Twitter was worth to buy it. Why would he then intentionally kill it? Sincere question. Maybe bankruptcy can get him out of his loan obligations? Is that the reason?
12:47 AM - Jul 02, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}