Myron Clifton
A
I’m glad DiFi is leaving in her own terms, like men get to.

She delivered decades of service to the state and nation and her unwavering support for the lgbtqi community in San Francisco helped at a critical time.

The battle to replace her will be.. a lot.

Here’s to the next Ca Dem Senat
05:32 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Dope Francis...
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
She did alot of good, but I have to say, she is a great example on why we need term limits for Congress. 18 years in the Senate, 20 years in the House. Serve and move on. And cannot be a lobbyist for 10 years after.
05:41 PM - Feb 14, 2023
Camille
A
In response to Dope Francis....
Now tell me about Markey, Grassley, McConnell, Wyden....
If you can't, your comment is sexist, & maybe something you should think about.
Also, take a look at CA, which has term limits for legislators - they get rid of excellent public servants who are highly electable for crap people like DeLeon.
02:41 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Dope Francis...
A
My fault if it came across as sexist. My post should be applied TO ALL politicians matter sex, race, etc...

Could accuse me of being ageist, but I watched far too many hearings, ( particularly about tech, but other as well ) where Congress people have no idea what they are talking about.
In response to Camille.
04:17 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Camille
A
In response to Dope Francis....
Hearings are about investigation & theater. Perhaps a better metric to judge effectiveness is the policy that individual Congress critters create.
I agree that there are some super problematic people elected to Congress. But I don't think that their length of service is necessarily the problem.
06:40 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}