Martha Crawford
A
Not going to lie, losing so many of my long term online friends and having everyone dispersed has taken the fun out of social media for me.

Four months since I stopped posting significant content at Twitter, and all other platforms still feel kind of lonely, and I haven’t found my sense of play
07:35 PM - Feb 15, 2023 (Edited)
Dan Wentzel
A
I think Musk's takeover of Twitter was really about scattering pro-democracy activists at home and abroad, not about any actual business proposition to make money. This will backfire. People will find the newer platform(s) that they resonate with the most and their activism will grow even stronger.
In response to Martha Crawford.
07:54 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Kim
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
Yes, it was to turn it into a cesspool of RWNJ propaganda
05:55 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Lani Litker
A
The scattering of Twitter followers has other ramifications as well. I heard on German radio that first responders (eg police, emergency services) are wondering which major platform they can use now to alert the population of emergencies.
06:16 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Joe Sailor
A
Elon texted this. He and his oligarch brethren who bought Twitter are there to impart their views on a formally Independent Media site. We are not immune to mind control, information control. We need to be alert.
12:27 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Anne McCarthy
A
its much more nefarious than that im afraid.
11:05 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Irminsul Harp
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:22 PM - Feb 16, 2023
En Joule
A
In response to Irminsul Harp.
03:07 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
Yes - it severed so many activist communities apart. Its been especially hard on disabled and immuncompromised folks who really rely on digital connections while isolated from in person gathering.
07:57 PM - Feb 15, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}