Martha Crawford
A
Not going to lie, losing so many of my long term online friends and having everyone dispersed has taken the fun out of social media for me.

Four months since I stopped posting significant content at Twitter, and all other platforms still feel kind of lonely, and I haven’t found my sense of play
07:35 PM - Feb 15, 2023 (Edited)
Barbara Saunders-Jones
A
In response to Martha Crawford.
It must be digital "atmosphere" or something. People seem eager to take anything one posts on FB the wrong way. Whenever I stupidly deal with anyone other than the people I know (digitally & in "real life," someone - a stranger - feels as if they need to be snarky. 😕
05:37 PM - Nov 19, 2023
No
A
I feel you. It is like empty nest syndrome in a way.
04:33 PM - Sep 08, 2023
Linda Eisenstein
A
I like this place 20X more than I liked Twitter - I don't have to worry about hateful people targeting me or bots/trolls. Without an algorithm Spoutible improves by the # of people you follow. You won't get a rich experience until you follow >500. Don't be afraid, you can mute or unfollow later.
04:23 PM - Sep 08, 2023
LaJuan Woodland
A
Glad to make a new friends.
02:56 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Adrienne
A
This is a thing!
11:04 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Matthew Dow Smith
A
I lost such a good feeling of community when Twitter was taken over. And it seriously hurt my little independent digital comic book publishing company. So much harder to get people's attention now. But I miss the online friends and fans so much more.
10:06 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to Matthew Dow Smith.
Yes! My work took a terrible hit too - and it is much harder to find "my people" who are interested in the weird niches I inhabit - dreams, mortality, climate psychology, disability, cancer -

But the friends/community the most.
10:11 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Kate Dobson
A
In response to Matthew Dow Smith.
Comics fan, happy to see you here!
10:38 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Connie Hewitt
A
I feel that way, too. I felt like I had a community before the musk-rat ruined Twitter. I miss it SO much.
Trying to rebuild here will take time.
08:43 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Jenkers
A
I think we're all so exhausted. Many of us feel like this new style of politics and social insanity has driven us to shut up, keep our thoughts to ourselves -- lest we draw the wrath of the keyboard warriors that seem to take delight in bullying and demeaning, insulting and judging. Hang in there.
08:41 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Cori
A
Yes, all of my friends are still posting on Twitter, which I will no longer do, so I feel your pain!
08:17 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Lori Tindall
A
Yes, I feel this way too. Plus, I can’t relate to anyone any longer who doesn’t include disability justice into their world views. I’m really looking forward to your online group coming up. 💚
08:06 PM - Feb 15, 2023
pinkie
A
I feel the same way. Glad you're here and happy to "meet" you.
07:58 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Deborah Harris
A
Martha starting over is tough and losing long-term friends is hard. I have been on some SM platforms for several years however, I actually interact more on #Spoutable because I feel more comfortable doing so. I don't feel like I'll get an influx of hateful trolls and that has been so refreshing.
Angela Thompson
A
Not all are ex twiter ( though grant you many if not most are) there are new faces and those who avoided SM for it toxicity. I for one would love to hear about your content.
Dan Wentzel
A
I think Musk's takeover of Twitter was really about scattering pro-democracy activists at home and abroad, not about any actual business proposition to make money. This will backfire. People will find the newer platform(s) that they resonate with the most and their activism will grow even stronger.
07:54 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Lani Litker
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
The scattering of Twitter followers has other ramifications as well. I heard on German radio that first responders (eg police, emergency services) are wondering which major platform they can use now to alert the population of emergencies.
06:16 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Kim
A
In response to Dan Wentzel.
Yes, it was to turn it into a cesspool of RWNJ propaganda
05:55 PM - Mar 09, 2023
Sandra Lee Schubert
A
I get it. It's moving to a new town, you don't have a car, the busses stop running at 6 p.m. and the shops all close early. You have to find your tribe, the people who have the cars, and know where to go. I am lonely too. I miss the connection and feel kinda tired and lack the energy to jump in. One
07:54 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to Sandra Lee Schubert.
Yeah, it takes a certain mojo, and I have a weird stifled sensation in this new spaces - I liked having a rough sense of who I was talking to, who was going to tease me and make me laugh at myself, who I could give shit to and I it feels like standing on a bench and hollering in a public park now.
07:59 PM - Feb 15, 2023
SandraM440
A
I think that once word gets around and more people…especially big names start joining Spoutible…and I’m confident that will be the case, this joint will be jumping. This is the most Twitter like platform without the inherent cesspool of that site.
07:53 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to SandraM440.
Hope so too!
08:00 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Airyca White
A
Hi Martha...I love it here. I've only found about 10 ppl, but I'm having a great time. Branch out and meet new folks, ur old friends will show up soon🤗
Sara Chirico
A
Another quick way to find follows:

when you see a spout you really like, click on the 3 dots top right corner & choose "view likes". You'll get another scrollable list with bios & follow buttons.
Can't Think of Clever Name
A
Twitter is toxic, Counter Social is small, Post is too serious, Mastodon I didn't even try... I'm Goldilocks looking for one that's just right
07:52 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to Can't Think of Clever Name.
I like Mastodon okay - but only a few relationships forming there - the lack of quote posting is dampening.

Post made me want to TEAR MY HAIR OUT with how unalive it felt.

I think this place has some good potential - there are just folks I really miss.
08:04 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Katherine McNeil
A
I hope you find it here. Welcome
07:52 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Sonia C
A
Hang in there, Martha! This is such a wonderful, thoughtful place. You will find “your people.” I actually personally know no one on this space, but feel an inherent connection to people that are compassionate and kind. 💙
07:51 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Kathryn
A
I totally understand how you feel. I made an extra effort to start a Discord chat room for all my friends so we don't lose touch with eachother during the mass social media migration. Everyone is going in different directions and it has been hard on a lot of us.
RavenOnthill
A
Sympathies. Nowhere else has the reach of Twitter, yet reportedly it is now staying afloat on right-wing advertisers.
Sara Chirico
A
Starting over is hard but I've found people to be so nice on this site. Try to build up your follows so you have more to interact with.

A quick way to do that is to find a spouter who shares your interests & then scroll through their follower list. You can check their bios & follow right there.
07:49 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Haviland
A
I feel the same. I'm giving this a whale of a time. Practicing my strokes one day at a time on these waves. Hang in there. 🐳
07:44 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Martha Crawford
A
In response to Haviland.
I'm with you - not impatient - just acutely aware of how it sometimes feel like I can't find my voice/mojo/way of being yet!
08:06 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Pearl Goldman
A
I feel the same way. The fun is gone.
07:43 PM - Feb 15, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
Welcome!
07:41 PM - Feb 15, 2023
poster mouse
A
Today is the first day of the rest of your life.
07:39 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Karen Gaffney
A
They will come. And more great friends too.
07:39 PM - Feb 15, 2023
Michele Campbell
A
I'm feeling much the same way - starting over takes so much effort!
07:38 PM - Feb 15, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}