Annette B
A
thread 1/3
With the *amazing* influx of younger generations into @Spoutible , a question comes to mind that perhaps all generations can help with. How might an older set of U.S.-based volunteers pass the baton on volunteer projects to expand local trails, especially urban trails?
#trails #volunteer #CityLife
11:36 PM - Jul 03, 2023
Annette B
A
thread 2/3
I am especially interested in how to reach younger generations with what methods, what values to highlight (genuine values, of course, not manufactured), etc.
02:46 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Annette B
A
thread 3/3
Also: I cannot underestimate the weariness that many people are feeling about the state of our world, especially the U.S., and how adding something additional to your life when you are already overwhelmed by this rough awful period.

It's literally my job to listen and have empathy for others 😻
03:03 PM - Jul 05, 2023

Only followers of this user (knitquiltsewst1) can see their posts

Annette B
A
In response to Liz N Is Tired of the Nonsense.
Not yet -- our first step would be finding someone who can take on creating those partnerships.
05:37 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
In response to Annette B.
I think this is an issue common to any organization depending on volunteers. People get involved when it matters to them, and when they have the extra time- often empty nesters, retirees. Younger people have jobs, kids, sports, school activities and full schedules.
02:53 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Annette B
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
Yes, definitely. Our neighborhood association (*not* an HOA, just a group of people who want to host social events and do clean-up/beautification projects) re-branded to make our meetings seem more lightweight, and emphasized that neighbors can take on a specific, limited effort that excites them.
02:55 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Annette B
A
In response to Annette B.
Please *echo* to elevate this conversation and add better hashtags than I have come up with, ha.

Hey you, #kpop -- please weigh in.
11:37 PM - Jul 03, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}