sabaceanbabe
A
Hello, #WritingCommunity & #WritersofSpoutible !
Do you have writing playlists? Do you listen to music when you write?
My playlist for for my current WIP has over 200 songs and runs for 13+ hours, but it's mostly for inspiration when I'm not writing. But I write to a sub-list of instrumentals.🎼🎵🎧
09:23 AM - Feb 16, 2023
robertcollins
A
In response to sabaceanbabe.
I mainly listen to classical music & soundtracks while I write.
04:09 PM - Feb 16, 2023
GusRyer
A
Sure do! Have a general playlist, but I make project-specific ones too. Last WIP was a lot of blues. Current WIP is a heist, so I’ve got a lot of funky guitar, bass, and organ.
02:35 PM - Feb 16, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to GusRyer.
Awesome! My go-to just for general background while I write is Ludovio Einaudi, but when I'm working on my current WIP, sci fi/space opera, I have an instrumental playlist that has up-tempo electronica and swirling violins.
02:39 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Manu Figeac
A
Here’s mine. Electronic and mostly instrumental.
https://open.spotify.com/p...
12:59 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Peace Zodanou
A
I love writing to a playlist. Sometimes I curate mine based on the story beats in my wip. 😆
10:57 AM - Feb 16, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Peace Zodanou.
Yes! And I add songs that light me up for individual characters. This one is currently on repeat as I block out the final conflict between one of my protagonists and the main antagonist:

https://youtu.be/JW6WOBk0c...
11:15 AM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Susan Quilty
A
I use Pandora playlists while writing. Typically neoclassical piano and ethereal atmospheric tunes 🎶 Nothing with lyrics
10:22 AM - Feb 16, 2023
sabaceanbabe
A
In response to Susan Quilty.
For me, it's Amazon Music, but yes, I get lost in the lyrics, which is why the main playlist if more for when I'm driving. 😊
11:09 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}