Dom Dotta
A
*READ THE DAMN ARTICLE* way to many people live their life repeating headlines and making assumptions. Most articles are written to be short 5 minutes reads. Read the articles. You become more informed than 95% of people on this topic by just doing that. It’s a good habit to form. STAY WELL INFORMED
09:47 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Dom Dotta.
As a former headline writer/copy editor,
I will tell you that good headline-writing is a skill that appears to be dying, particularly when online news outlets have their writers doing their own headlines.
NOT a good practice: You MUST read the stories.
02:36 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Char
A
On one hand I agree. Too many take a headline at face value, when the exact opposite could be w/in the article. On the other hand, the days of easy access for all are gone. So many articles demand money to read that not everyone has access. I think at some point they've given up.
10:25 AM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Aron Roberts
A
In response to Char.
Paywalls definitely make "read the article" challenging!

Startup Zette https://www.zette.com/ is trying to make that more manageable, by allowing you to make micropayments to read individual articles.

They're inviting feedback now, even paying for it! (Am not affiliated, except as a customer.)
12:57 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Lil
A
In response to Char.
I wish it were easier access, but many (probably most) people in the U.S. have free online access to many newspapers, magazines, and journals (and e-books) from their public library. They can log in through their library's website using their library card number.
02:39 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Simon Sands
A
Oh that is what I do and then I give a brief summary....we think a like...LOL
10:22 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Dom Dotta
A
In response to Simon Sands.
Glad we follow each other. I enjoy your posts.
10:25 AM - Feb 16, 2023
Miriam
A
Some headings are wildly misleading!
10:22 AM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}