Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
🎯 I know it was better in some states than others, but I used the ACA to get coverage for myself & my daughter when I was laid off… rather than paying almost twice as much to get covered through my husband’s job.

The ACA haters can kiss my fckin arse.

#Aca helped MILLIONS of Americans, PERIOD 👏
Salma Typhii @Epidatageek
Obamacare isn't a type of insurance, it is a way to subsidize buyingbyour health plan from a private insurer. So you are telling me you couldn't find someone who took Cigna, Aetna, UHC, BCBS, etc? Because that is how Obama care works
05:29 PM - Jul 04, 2023
06:13 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Holly O
A
In response to Suzanne JaaaNONYA.
Private health insurers deny people with “pre-existing” conditions coverage. Obamacare enables these people to have healthcare. THAT’s how Obamacare works!
09:49 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Cindy Martinez
A
I’m thankful for #Aca because I was able to continue seeing my doc for regular visits instead of waiting until I got seriously sick. I got diagnosed with tinnitus a few yrs ago & I wouldn’t have known if I didn’t have that coverage to see an ENT.
09:18 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Cindy Martinez.
It’s so great hearing all these positive stories, thank you for sharing! 🙏

It’s such a relief to know that half of the government has our backs 🙏

We just need to get rid of that other half - they’re THE WORST!!
09:39 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Michele C.
A
I lost my job a at the start of the pandemic and it took me almost 2 years to find another one. Without having ACA during that time I don't know how I would have been able to afford my medication, and probably would have had to do without at great risk to my life.
09:11 PM - Jul 04, 2023 (Edited)
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Michele C..
So many people, myself included, rolled the dice for years without medical coverage before the ACA.

I’m so thankful for Democrats… always working as hard as they can FOR THE PEOPLE 🙏🙌
09:23 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Sideeye Slant 🎨
A
I worked w/a lady who was only PT, so had no cov thru employer. She did hv ACA& CONSTANTLY bashed "Obamacare". Sadly,1 day she was dx w/breast cancer& had 2go thru lots of tx. Still bashing ACA. I asked her what she wld hv dn w/out it. She looked shocked& said she wldn't hv bn able 2get tx& shut up.
09:11 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Sideeye Slant 🎨.
Very weird… talk about biting the hand that feeds you! 🙄
09:17 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Sarah Apfel
A
I'd have lost an eye, & possibly a lot worse, when high blood pressure caused a huge hemorrhage behind a retina. Thanks to the ACA - the 1st insurance I'd been able to afford in YEARS - I was able to get it treated & continue caring for my elderly Mom.
09:05 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Sarah Apfel.
WOW! Thank you for sharing 🙏

It’s so wonderful hearing these stories… so many folks, myself included, just rolled the dice without health insurance for years!

I’m lucky nothing major went down when I was uninsured… I’m so happy for you that the ACA was there for you in the nick of time!
09:11 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Cindy Myers
A
I had a stem cell transplant in 2020 after receiving chemo off and on from 2011. Even though I'm in remission we're pretty sure it will come back (but be treatable). Thanks to the ACA I don't have lifetime benefit caps. I would have been out of benefits years ago without that provision.
08:46 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Cindy Myers.
WOW! Thank you for sharing! 🙏

I’m appreciating the ACA more and more with every personal story. It really was a game changer for so many, and saved so many lives beyond that 🙏
08:52 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Lil
A
The ACA saved my life, just as it did for tens of thousands of people. Hundreds of thousands more live healthier lives. Millions have less stress knowing they have coverage in case they need it.
08:46 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Lil.
I honestly can’t imagine where we’d be, as a country, without it.

The fact that parents could cover their kids until they turned 26 probably saved so many lives as well… and kept so many people from being financially ruined 🙏
08:49 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Patsy
A
Obama and the Dems saved my life. After my first cancer I became uninsurable (my premiums had become unaffordable, anyway). When I got a 2nd cancer (breast cancer) I could have not gotten treatment without Obamacare, and I would certainly have died.
08:14 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Matt Egan he/him/his
A
In response to Patsy.
Mine too. Without the ACA, I couldn't afford my 1400$/month anticonvulsant meds. Thank you Obama, the democrats who lost their positions to make it possible, and everyone who has stepped up to prevent the GQP from revoking it❤
08:42 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Janet aka April
A
In response to Patsy.
This makes me so sad. Our healthcare is not perfect here in Canada but my daughter's treatments did not cost anything- except in our taxes. We must protect our Medicare and I hope that one day you will also have protection. Stay well. I am glad you were able to get treated.
08:50 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Cyndi Brown she/her
A
If not for his mortgage plan, I would have lost my house when I was on chemo.
06:20 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Suzanne JaaaNONYA
A
In response to Cyndi Brown she/her.
#TARP - YES!! I re-fied my house via TARP as well! We woulda been fcked too!

I am ENDLESSLY THANKFUL for Obama & the Democrats - they made moves to help ALL AMERICANS when the #GOP as usual left them a shite sandwich of an economy.
06:23 PM - Jul 04, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}