buttcheek
A
thread 1/2
across the spiderverse is such a culturally diverse movie and you rarely see that in main stream. like there was about 2 white people in this movie and it made me so happy that there was so many cultures being represented. IT FEELS LIKE NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THIS
09:59 PM - Jul 04, 2023
buttcheek
A
thread 2/2
it feels like such a big step. i mean the fact that hobie's british slang was getting translated but the spanish wasn't. and there's a character w a hijab that has a speaking line. and there are characters with non-american accents that don't get made fun of/there's no comment on it.
10:03 PM - Jul 04, 2023
PainInMyalgia
B
In response to buttcheek.
I absolutely loved it and the wash of watercolour mixed with some pop art and graffiti just looked so cool! I loved that it paid homage to Brooklyn artists as well. My only issue with Spiderverse was I wanted to see way more Hobie and Pav and way less Gwen.
10:55 PM - Jul 04, 2023
buttcheek
A
In response to PainInMyalgia.
i know right the art is just stunning. i also wish there was more pav and hobie i loved how they were all interacting and joking w each other like siblings.
10:59 PM - Jul 04, 2023
Michael J Sheridan
A
In response to buttcheek.
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm glad to hear this.

They also did this with the Ms. Marvel series on Disney+. The entire series revolved around the cultures of South Asia and it was awesome.
10:51 PM - Jul 04, 2023
buttcheek
A
In response to Michael J Sheridan.
exactly i love to see it !!
it makes me so happy that there's more rep for marginalized groups now a days. we're finally being seen and getting the rep we deserve.
10:55 PM - Jul 04, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}