Professor Kyle
A
I love when new folks join Spoutible & I want it to grow; probably needs to to be sustainable. But I want them to come cuz they're interested in a new kind of SM that limits harassment & abuse, that celebrates diversity & protects the marginalized. Not because their usual site isn't working well.
12:15 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Yobaba
A
In response to Professor Kyle.
Can "snark" also be addressed? Sarcastic 'humor' can easily be misunderstood and is not always pleasant if one is not "in on the joke". There is a plethora of snark over at the bird nest and I won't apologize for not wanting to deal with it here, either. Just my 2 cents.
01:56 AM - Jul 10, 2023
Maria OLeary
A
💯% feel the same!
04:27 PM - Jul 05, 2023
PhoenixWomanMN
A
At the same time, we should not let the opportunity go by to get them to give Spoutible a try.
01:48 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to PhoenixWomanMN.
Certainly! That's why I said I love when they come.
02:04 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Petol Weekes
A
I feel the same
12:38 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Indigo
A
💯💯💯
11:59 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Marmalade Vermillion
A
I am a passive user looking for the news of the day. I find POST works for me. I do not use spoutible for minute to minute news. I use it for interesting humourous topics and cat pictures or maybe a day to read haiku. I dropped twitter as soon as spoutible started.
11:27 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Yvette
A
In response to Marmalade Vermillion.
I have a POST account. I saw little to no interaction on that site. I tried. The site itself was fine. The people just weren’t FRIENDLY. ☮️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️🙋‍♀️
04:20 PM - Jul 05, 2023

Only followers of this user (ConnieAz) can see their posts

Tony_Bell
A
The intolerance of abuse/harassment & acting to prevent it is laudable. At least one of the means available here of achieving that end, however, is, IMO, too heavy-handed, so much so that I won't use it b/c it precludes others from discovering/choosing for themselves whether a person warrants it.
11:18 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Dorothy Wright
A
I second this spout, Professor Kyle. Thank you!
11:10 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
I feel like you and I are two sides of a bald, bearded coin. So glad I found you hear (for your thoughts, personality and wisdom more than the baldness, bearded part, but I like that, too)
11:07 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Mark Wilson, MD.
Ha! Same! And when we’re not wise, the baldness and beards make us appear so… 😆
11:16 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Mark Wilson, MD
A
YES!
11:06 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Rosetta
A
The reasons you listed is exactly why I’m here. Others that want the same will eventually find themselves here. Those that are here for nefarious reasons will eventually find another home because we won’t put up with their bs.
10:45 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Laurie Capece
A
Come for a better working site, stay for the kindness.
10:43 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
In response to Laurie Capece.
Yeah. I'm fine with that. Don't care how you get here, but def stay awhile and look around at how awesome this place is.
12:54 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Jennifer Moore Baker
A
Agree! I would rather do the work to pick who I want to follow rather than have an algorithm do it for me. Especially since rage seems to fuel everything on other sites.
10:38 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Jennifer Moore Baker.
Same. What many find difficult about this site – lack of an algorithm – is part of why I love it.
10:39 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Ground Control
A
SM is too often a popularity contest for the express purpose of being seen. Hence the dynamics of what we keep seeing with dead bird app refugees.
09:55 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Felisa We got more emojis?
A
In response to Ground Control.
I gained lots of followers over the years at the dead 🐦.For what? I interact more here w/complete strangers that ask nothing in return. Love that when I open this app it's not all abput rage. It's about different people w/ different interests coming together making a great community. 🐳
11:09 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Cyd Cannon
A
Spoutible is different in such a good way!
09:54 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Cyd Cannon.
💯
10:14 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Karen Dykstra
A
I look forward to the day when people just enjoy the kinder and gentler social media website that Chris created for us and dont say “I came here from…..”
09:46 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Karen Dykstra.
Exactly! Or especially when they don't say (or imply) "Twitter's unusable now...but the second it improves I'll be back there."
10:17 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Deanna (@LadyDi) of Love Wins Movement
A
This spout was removed because the account associated with it was suspended.
09:40 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Chris McIntosh
A
Doesn’t matter. If they’re the type who want to harass and abuse, or target the marginalised, they probably won’t last here long.

(As long as the moderation system can handle the demand.)
05:43 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Harry Minot
A
@cbouzy has approached this place as a sort of Public Trust, like noncommercial community radio used to be. Voluntary subscriptions could eliminate the need for advertising if enough thoughtful people take part. Perhaps we can collectively aid in the creation of that vision. $5/mo is only $60/yr
12:31 AM - Jul 05, 2023
R o K p h i s h
A
In response to Harry Minot.
I certainly hope there will be a no-ads subscription tier when ads are eventually implemented.
01:38 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Jess Martin
A
The influx of fresh peeps always brings new perspective. Most welcome.
12:20 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes
A
And where the owner / operator is ethical.
I finally left the dead bird because I could not bear to support Musk
;(
12:17 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Professor Kyle
A
In response to Just Judith'n'ALF #VotedYes.
Same.
08:48 AM - Jul 05, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}