Portia McGonagal
A
As someone who advocates for equal rights for women, if an adult woman makes a choice I wouldn't about how she lives her life, I accept that. I won't take her agency. I also want these women to accept that others make different choices. They don't like that idea.
11:31 AM - Jul 05, 2023
Reginald Capers
A
In response to Portia McGonagal.
Wow!...I didn't know this is a "thing" and I live in suburban Alabama. We can be backwards AF.
06:54 AM - Jul 06, 2023 (Edited)
Torchy Windrush Brown
A
I just keep expecting to Beulah the maid, in background of the few videos I have seen of this type. This is the genteel side of white supremacy.
03:08 PM - Jul 05, 2023 (Edited)
Brehon
A
Feel the same way about religion. Believe what you want but don't harangue me about it and don't legislate your beliefs.
03:06 PM - Jul 05, 2023 (Edited)
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Brehon.
Bingo.
09:12 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Angela
A
Gross. I grew up in a community that fosters this bs and even if they ever accepted me being queer (they won't) I'd still wouldn't return as a woman. Imagine living life believing you deserve to be a 2nd class citizen and desiring that for your daughters. Barf. Also - Hello!
03:06 PM - Jul 05, 2023 (Edited)
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Angela.
I cannot imagine!
09:14 AM - Jul 06, 2023
dariasteigman
A
The real issue is the Insta influencers aren't trad wives -- they're Aunt Lydias trying to lure a generation of young, white women in the hope of ending up with submissive handmaidens.
02:33 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to dariasteigman.
They still want them for their sons and to use as models for their daughters.
02:57 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Kymberlyn Reed
A
Notice who isn't included in this trad wife life.

Black women's erasure is a feature, not a bug.

I don't care how these women choose to live, but they certainly want to dictate how the rest of us do.

Wait until they figure out it's nothing like June Cleaver.
02:24 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Kymberlyn Reed.
These "influencers" do damage that permeates so much of social media portraying these idyllic utopias, beautiful homes, perfect children, etc. Even within white women, it's an extreme subset with husbands making money to keep them in that lifestyle. No widows or divorcees or poor people.
02:31 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Grumble
A
The problem is that so many these tradwifers try to stigmatize independence and promote the supremacy of (usually white) males.

'You're not going to find a man if you run around *being* a man!'
🙄
12:46 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Grumble.
Exactly. They are not content to be free to live as they choose. They must ensure everyone else lives as they choose.
01:58 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker
A
The illusion of control is a destructive force. Even fellow women think its okay to subjugate women towards archaic rules that often harm us. its crazy we still deal with this.
12:10 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Portia McGonagal
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
Right? I lived through the "Mommy Wars" garbage between SAHMs and Moms who worked outside the home, something I thought was left behind w/my mom's generation. And "Cookiegate" when Hillary said she didn't stay at home baking cookies. We're going backward.
02:01 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Allwftopic
A
In response to Tynisa Woke Witch Gen X Walker.
One thing the Betty Broderick story taught me is to always have your own. You can ride or die with them but as soon as some get theirs they will leave you on the side of the road. …Look at DeSantis, he just signed a bill eliminating permanent alimony.
03:36 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Marie Guenther
A
💯 this. If you are about that life, then I like that for you. But everything ain't for everybody, and that's OK.
12:09 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}