Jennifer Cohn
A
The public deserves to know the Christofascist origin of the “parental rights” rubric bc Moms4Liberty (which uses it) almost certainly seeks to destroy public schools & replace them w/ Christian private schools & Christian homeschooling. https://threadreaderapp.co...
11:30 AM - Feb 16, 2023
MsFahrenheit
A
In response to Jennifer Cohn.
The locals have a Moms4Liberty meeting scheduled for next week at a church as well as attendance at two district school board meetings. One Mastriano worker is running for school board in the Groundhog place.
08:45 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Jennifer Cohn
A
In response to MsFahrenheit.
Oh no! If u have links I will post about this. TY!
02:02 PM - Feb 17, 2023
Lovely Rita
A
Religion is only a cloak for Politics & just another way to control the masses.
06:20 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Larry with an i
A
This doth not me surprise. In America, it isn't common knowledge that children have rights of their own and (good) education is one, one that surpasses the parents' right to impose their religious beliefs on their children (which isn't a right at all).
03:04 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Ground Control
A
And will use their school board positions to climb to higher office if given a chance. Is there currently any organized response to them? If not, we need to make one ASAP.
03:00 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Kid_Prairie
A
In response to Ground Control.
THIS! This is why it matters so much who's on the school board
08:43 PM - Feb 16, 2023
biochemcoachuni
A
Interesting that here in Iowa, homeschoolers were left out of the voucher plan that was just passed. I'm guessing this will be "fixed" in future years.
02:01 PM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}