Atheist Spinster
A
thread 1/3
The worst part of watching home-renovation shows is seeing how ableist & pointlessly-painful that most "designs" are. Narrow doorways, spine-crushing barstools, multi-level stoopidity "designed" to hobble the disabled & elderly... fucking clueless or outright hostile.
NOT EVERYONE IS 30 YEARS...
04:14 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
thread 2/3
OLD AND AN AEROBICS INSTRUCTOR.

Stairs are discriminatory. Stoopid nooks & crannies block-out people in wheelchairs & on walkers. Split-level designs TRIP AND HARM PEOPLE. Foo-foo lighting fucks with sight-limited people and people with cataracts. NONE of these designs MAKE ROOM FOR ASSISTANCE...
04:18 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
thread 3/3
ANIMALS. It's like the real-estate cults don't want ANYONE to be comfortable or comforted at home, we're just holding the space until their next commission.

HGTV: DO. BETTER. Your whole audience are not El Rons or other ableist cripple-haters. HANDICAPPED PEOPLE OWN HOMES. Y'ALL GOTTA CATCH UP.
04:21 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
You’re right. She paid as much for the smaller new home with half the sq footage as she got for the larger home she sold in the same city.

The newer homes being built near me have doorways so ridiculously narrow I can’t imagine how ppl get a couch through, and they start at $1.25M.
😬🙄
In response to Atheist Spinster.
05:10 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
Yeah, even if I hit the powerball, I wouldn't pay that for a house.

And the fact that they were able to charge your mom that much extra for accommodations displays everything that's wrong with this country.
05:16 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Atheist Spinster.
That’s exactly right.

Also…this doesn’t help either, with hedge funds and investors buying up all the properties. 👇🏼
05:19 PM - Jul 05, 2023 (Edited)

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}