Atheist Spinster
A
thread 1/3
The worst part of watching home-renovation shows is seeing how ableist & pointlessly-painful that most "designs" are. Narrow doorways, spine-crushing barstools, multi-level stoopidity "designed" to hobble the disabled & elderly... fucking clueless or outright hostile.
NOT EVERYONE IS 30 YEARS...
04:14 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
thread 2/3
OLD AND AN AEROBICS INSTRUCTOR.

Stairs are discriminatory. Stoopid nooks & crannies block-out people in wheelchairs & on walkers. Split-level designs TRIP AND HARM PEOPLE. Foo-foo lighting fucks with sight-limited people and people with cataracts. NONE of these designs MAKE ROOM FOR ASSISTANCE...
04:18 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
thread 3/3
ANIMALS. It's like the real-estate cults don't want ANYONE to be comfortable or comforted at home, we're just holding the space until their next commission.

HGTV: DO. BETTER. Your whole audience are not El Rons or other ableist cripple-haters. HANDICAPPED PEOPLE OWN HOMES. Y'ALL GOTTA CATCH UP.
04:21 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
I honestly prefer older single-level “ranch-style” homes. Does yours have a nice porch? I miss having a large front porch.

I grew up in areas where ppl bought homes and stayed in them forever. Nowadays, all they want to build are McMansions that no first time homebuyer can afford.
In response to Deb.
06:29 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Deb
A
In response to Mary OContrary.
No front porch. But no grass at all. And a backyard lap pool. Perfect for 2 seniors.
06:33 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Mary OContrary
A
In response to Deb.
Wow, very nice! I would probably live in the lap pool. 😂
06:39 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}