Nicole
A
How many of us women have been followed, maybe more than once, just going about normal activities?

She isn’t exaggerating or overreacting. This is what women go through.

“Women deal with the constant fear that if we are alone, something will happen to us” - Ellyn Marsh
06:53 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Aly C
A
In response to Nicole.
Was followed home for 5 blocks when I got left at a bar by a friend and my boyfriend was out of town 30 yrs ago. Ducked into the police station to get to safety. Lucky it was on my way home. Was terrifying. He was gone when police went to look. It’s still traumatizing. Cant walk alone at night now.
10:29 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Aly C.
I’m so sorry. ❤️
11:21 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Jon Donald
A
In response to Nicole.
As a 6'5" man, I'm acutely aware that my size alone could be intimidating. My dad taught me to be a man who went out of his way to be respectful to everyone and I've tried to instill that same awareness in my son. No one has a right to make another uncomfortable.
08:47 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Antony L
A
In response to Nicole.
I totally hate knowing folks have to walk around. Feeling like this way all day, all year, all their life. What about walking and I see a woman alone, I think about how I can send some kind of signal that they don't have to worry. But of course if there wasn't a national sign bad guys would use it.
12:32 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Antony L.
I truly do appreciate that. Thank you.
12:36 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Civil Canuck
A
In response to Nicole.
Fact! And it's lifelong.
12:01 PM - Jul 06, 2023
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Nicole.
I'm going to be 50 this year. I've been attacked THREE times in my life, and that's just by strangers. That's not counting borderline abusive behaviors in relationships. It is flat WRONG that we are taught to protect ourselves at all times & men are not taught how to properly behave.
12:44 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
I couldn’t agree more.

I shouldn’t be walking around with mace, a knife, and a tactical pen because I’m worried about walking from my car to the grocery store.

We shouldn’t have to do things like that.
11:58 AM - Jul 06, 2023
Auntie CC .
A
In response to Nicole.
And age is not a factor.
12:04 AM - Jul 06, 2023
K Ray
A
In response to Nicole.
Interesting that the article lists several ways to deal with gender-based violence, but neglects to mention the one thing that would make the biggest impact....PARENTS TEACHING THEIR SONS TO RESPECT, AND NOT HARASS OR ATTACK GIRLS AND WOMEN. (Same for community leaders & mentors to young men.)
11:29 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Dıanna
A
In response to Nicole.
I'm by no means unique in having been followed, harrassed, stalked, & worse ... any given male we encounter could be the wrong one and end us.
It's a lot.
11:17 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Nicole
A
In response to Dıanna.
It really is a lot. So important for us to look out for each other.
11:40 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Groucho Musk
A
In response to Nicole.
Stories like this enrage me. I can't believe in 2023 we still have men who have literally no thought that women are their equals and aren't looking for their attention.
11:05 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}