Ree Anonymous
A
Ok guys, the bird app has totally gone off the rails. All I see in my timeline is MAGA nonsense and trolls. I'm going to try out this app for awhile. I really used to love Twitter for the quick and accurate breaking news. How does everyone think this app is doing?
10:00 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Maggie Waters
A
In response to Ree Anonymous.
I am much more comfortable spouting here ... my few experiences giving opinions on Twitter were not positive. But it took me awhile to figure out that here you need to follow A LOT of people to get broad content on your timeline. Once you do tho people are fun, interesting and informative!
10:06 PM - Jul 05, 2023 (Edited)
Ree Anonymous
A
Thank you for the advice. I'm trying to follow a lot of the people I followed on Twitter. It seems there are quite a few of them here but they don't post as often.
In response to Maggie Waters.
10:09 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
I feel much safer on Spoutible, & we're not immersed in toxicity here. Feels like interacting with real people. It's only a few months old & just recently got an Android app (iOS app coming soon). So some patience is advisable. Deluge of new users took down some features, but they're coming back now
10:28 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Ree Anonymous
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
I don't mind debate and sarcasm is great buy the toxicity is unreal on Twitter right now. I rarely engage with anyone lately because life is too short to deal with bots and idiots.
10:34 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Suzanne Chowla
A
In response to Suzanne Chowla.
For breaking news, I've mostly gone back to directly quickly checking apps on my phone for a variety of news organizations (e.g. NPR News, The Guardian, Washington Post, NY Times, SF Chronicle). On #Spoutible , you can follow @NotNPR & @NewsBot for some breaking news (there are probably others, too).
10:39 PM - Jul 05, 2023
Klobby L
A
I agree on following many. You can search for your favorite subjects like #HeatherCoxRichardson and then follow the people who post about it or like the posts. Great way to build a community. I hardly ever poked my head up over on the bad place, but feel quite safe to do so here.
10:14 PM - Jul 05, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}