Frank the Bunny
A
There are a whole fuckload of people in "red" states doing their goddamndest to fix things, posting memes about how they need to get their shit together doesn't help them fix anything faster. Just makes people in "blue" states seem like dicks.
Karen-Leigh Schmocker @BeaugiBear
03:36 PM - Jul 06, 2023
03:40 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Danielle DuGré
A
In response to Frank the Bunny.
As a blue in one of the bluest counties in a blue state, I always pick a few races in red states and make a recurring monthly campaign donation. Please join me if this is you too. Even $5/month helps.
05:05 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Profit Greenly
A
In response to Danielle DuGré.
Perfect! Just make sure to target winnable districts, for example Boebert's vs MTGs. To lay the groundwork for flipping redder districts consider new voter orgs like Sisters United Alliance in Texas or the Environmental Voter Project nationally.
05:38 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Silver Smith
A
Thanks for speaking up for the rest of us-
It isn't easy being a blue dot in a sea of red; but at least we're here to dilute the ruby glow a bit.
You're welcome to come help out, any time.
12:56 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Linda Careaga
A
Thank you from a lifelong Democrat in a red state that was not red until the 2000 election. The state legislature has a GOP supermajority & we have had a GOP governor since 2016. Now our state’s districts were changed because people are leaving in droves & we lost a Representative & Dem district.
05:10 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Jose Gonzalez
A
Sitting in the gerrymandered state of Florida, where dirty tricks like running an "independent" candidate with the same name as a democrat for state legislature are common, I cannot agree with you more. If you're sitting in a blue state, first make sure you actually VOTE. Then go ahead and volunteer
04:48 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Jose Gonzalez
A
In response to Jose Gonzalez.
to text/phone bank for democratic candidates that can make a difference in said red states. Oh, can contribute early and often to counteract the lobbyist $ going to the other side.
04:50 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Catherine B
A
Precisely! These types of memes only serve to alienate people in "red" states.
04:20 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Profit Greenly
A
Yeah, they're misplacing their anger onto the entire populace of these states, when it really belongs with the subset of residents who voted their terrible governments in (and maybe a bit for the people who chose not to vote and let it happen).
03:57 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Frank the Bunny
A
In response to Profit Greenly.
And the people who gerrymandered them to hell and back to make sure to keep a stranglehold on power.
04:03 PM - Jul 06, 2023
9Gen
A
God bless ya. I SEE you 💞💞💞
03:52 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Bev Turner
A
Thank you Bunny. It's exhausting!
03:41 PM - Jul 06, 2023
Frank the Bunny