Preeti Chhibber
A
I'm a UF alum & *disgusted* by what the state is attempting to do, but so, so proud of of these kids for walking out. Honestly, UF is where I started my understanding of politics & how we should treat the people around us, and I'm glad to see Floridian students continuing to get it. (x: in replies)
02:52 PM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Raja
A
In response to Preeti Chhibber.
Fully agree with your sentiment but when you say UF is where you started to understand politics and how to treat others is precisely why the ptb is doing this.
They don't want understanding of politics or empathy for others. They want hive minds assimilated into being told what to think about others
03:50 PM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Preeti Chhibber
A
In response to Raja.
Sure, but that's not the point, it's that even while I was at school, Florida had a vested interest in minimizing empathy and keeping students from understanding politics. But despite the decades in between my time there and today, students are still standing up for what's right.
03:54 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Jamie Canaves
A
my university automatically gave over records bc the president had been removed and replaced with a desantis picked board. I hate how many people think this is how FL thinks rather than we've been taken over by a horrific person.
03:07 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Cathy Romine
A
My Daughter and SIL are UF grads and feel as you do
I knew when Sasse was installed by desantis the goal was to dismantle UF SAD!
03:03 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Preeti Chhibber
A
Source for context + the quotes in the image: https://www.msn.com/en-us/...
02:53 PM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}