Preeti Chhibber
A
I'm a UF alum & *disgusted* by what the state is attempting to do, but so, so proud of of these kids for walking out. Honestly, UF is where I started my understanding of politics & how we should treat the people around us, and I'm glad to see Floridian students continuing to get it. (x: in replies)
02:52 PM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Raja
A
Fully agree with your sentiment but when you say UF is where you started to understand politics and how to treat others is precisely why the ptb is doing this.
They don't want understanding of politics or empathy for others. They want hive minds assimilated into being told what to think about others
In response to Preeti Chhibber.
03:50 PM - Feb 16, 2023 (Edited)
Preeti Chhibber
A
In response to Raja.
Sure, but that's not the point, it's that even while I was at school, Florida had a vested interest in minimizing empathy and keeping students from understanding politics. But despite the decades in between my time there and today, students are still standing up for what's right.
03:54 PM - Feb 16, 2023
Raja
A
In response to Preeti Chhibber.
Understood. Misunderstood your original tweet as something that was somewhat part of the school culture when you attended and not experienced at individual levels by a smaller portion of the students.
04:16 PM - Feb 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}