Christopher Bouzy
A
They are desperately trying to recreate Twitter instantly, and they don't understand it takes time. Threads gave them the rush of instant followers and engagement, but that is all it offers. The timeline is a mess, and there is no edit button, actual threading, or DMs.
Karen Springer @Springer
Thank you for that. I swear too many people are just randomly running around, chasing squirrels. Can't people just sit with something for a damn minute?
I'm not going anywhere. I've put down roots here
#TrustTheWhale
08:36 AM - Jul 07, 2023
08:47 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Dianne Davis
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Meta. Blehh. 🙄
06:40 PM - Oct 20, 2023
Her Name Is Rio
A
People need to give things time to see how they go and what implications will be, if any. I just saw a post from a friend who realized when she logged in to check out #Threads that her #instagram would disappear if she wanted to delete the former. She's not happy!
12:53 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Timara (she/her)
A
Wait, they're calling it Threads but don't allow you to thread.
10:54 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Bryan
A
I like what I'm seeing so far at Threads. Twitter friends just went to Thread without any convincing required. I've had a difficult time to convince them to join Spoutible or Mastodon. The true test will be how Threads handles or doesn't handle the hate/troll accounts when they come. Come they will.
10:02 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Bryan
A
In response to Bryan.
One of the things I like about Spoutible is it seemed to want to make this platform a safe place to be from day one. Oh and the ability to edit!
10:03 AM - Jul 07, 2023 (Edited)
Raja
A
There's something to be said for engagement though. The thing I liked most about Twitter is any post (politics-education-entertaining-whatever) would have conversation in it. I never see that here, just people echoing incessantly for that engagement and no dialogue happening in it, unless its yours.
09:48 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Dodi Davies
A
In response to Raja.
People are shy. Give it time.
11:47 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Misha Van Mollusq
A
I go in and sample ever 6-8 hours . Paris Hilton vs The Astro Party Girl
09:42 AM - Jul 07, 2023
IshkabibbleJam
A
It takes time because throwing a bunch of people together doesn’t instantaneously create a community. People’s individual rhythms on social media influence the platform’s overall rhythm which in turn influences how individuals use and react. Chicken/egg thing takes time.
09:37 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Chrissy Dorsey
A
People today want quantity not quality. I’ll take quality every time.
09:35 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Scott Staszak
A
I'm sticking with Spoutible. Still check specific feeds on the bird site and also occasionally check Post and Mastodon, but this site is the one that really suits me.
09:33 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Miranda Allen
A
Meta doesn't believe in chronological order so the timeline will never be fixed. My only hope is that by muting all the crap it throws at me I can train it's algorithm to only show my animal accounts.
09:26 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Clarke
A
Fools rush in
09:25 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Eve_Gadgets
A
That's why it's linked to Instagram to give you instant followers and I don't think the issue with deleting your account is an oversight.
09:24 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Dena
A
I agree with Karen! My roots are here and I love being stress free every time I come by for a swim! 🐳
09:22 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Entertainment In Color
A
Or hashtags or ability to toggle between profiles which IG has but why doesn't Threads. And if you try to delete you Thread profile you have to delete you IG profile so there is no correlation. Right now my Thread app keeps crashing it is not perfect and definitely a work in progress.
09:11 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Catherine B
A
I don't even feel there is a need to "re-create" Twitter. We can and should have multiple social media profiles
09:09 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Benny Andthejets
A
Agreed. Although I would argue that maybe putting down roots may not be the most accurate use of metaphoric expression for our community. Dropping anchor? Planting seaweed? Regardless, just going to float here for a while, the water is nice. Thank you for mapping it out for us Captain!
09:08 AM - Jul 07, 2023
Mindy Michell
A
In response to Benny Andthejets.
10:40 AM - Jul 07, 2023 (Edited)
John Leonard
A
I'm on Threads and Twitter, as well as here (obviously). I expect that Threads will be refined as time goes on. Its current features are about the bare minimum and it hasn't got a desktop version. It will need to improve to continue.
09:00 AM - Jul 07, 2023

Only followers of this user (Goose) can see their posts

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}