‎? ࣪ ౨ৎ tearzah/stelle ໒꒱
A
maybe my dad doesnt think i have ADHD amongst other things i want to get tested for because he doesnt want to stop saying im just lazy (and honestly making me feel awful) for things i do bc of disorders
03:00 PM - Jul 07, 2023
bronxelf
A
In response to ‎? ࣪ ౨ৎ tearzah/stelle ໒꒱.
I spent my childhood being punished constantly for stuff I tried my absolute best to control and couldn't, because of ADHD.

I'll skip to the end: Your dad can have you in his life later? Or he can be alone later. His choice.

(my mom chose poorly and she died without me in her life.)
07:27 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Ground Control
A
All I can add to the chorus is this: you deserve better. Specifically, you deserve the kind of love and understanding that helps you with your condition(s). Some parents, that can be a bridge too far.
07:23 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Claudia D
A
Oof that’s rough, I’m sorry. It sucks when parents mistake symptoms for your actual personality- hope yours come around soon!
03:13 PM - Jul 07, 2023
ecsbrooklyn
A
Some parents can't grasp that their kids' challenges are real and exist for reasons the parents don't understand. Sometimes it makes them feel like bad parents. And sometimes it's what you think it may be. I'm sorry you have to deal with this -- laziness usually has nothing to do with it. xo
03:12 PM - Jul 07, 2023
L Geisenest
A
I have noticed that some parents may balk because in some cases conditions are very inheritable. My mom refused to believe in my sibling’s diagnosis, and I think it was easier for her to do that then feel potential “blame.”

I’m sorry you aren’t getting the support you’d like.
03:05 PM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}