Emily Suess
A
I missed my window for caffeine this morning and skipped it. Now I have a terrible headache. My body is just way too sensitive to minute changes. I could have a little to remedy the headache, but then I won't sleep and will feel cruddy tomorrow. I'm getting grumpier by the second.
11:07 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
In response to Emily Suess.
It just sucks how difficult that it is to find decaf or reduced-caffeine black tea. The store brand decaf @ Wally World is passable, but they NEVER stock enough.

Feels like the whole world wants everyone to croak of kidney failure, with the way that they push caffeine addiction & energy drinks.
11:17 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Emily Suess
A
In response to Atheist Spinster.
Right? Those energy drinks terrify me.
11:20 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Existential Fashion Disaster
A
I was so upset by my body's dependence on caffeine that I gave it up for a couple years in my 20s. It was a eye-opening experience.
11:15 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Emily Suess
A
In response to Existential Fashion Disaster.
Yeah, I have a very complicated relationship with caffeine. I've given it up before, but I genuinely need the energy now. I don't let myself have it after about 10 a.m. though, or I suffer trying to get to sleep.
11:19 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Atheist Spinster
A
Drink a little water before bed, and way more when you wake up. I had to ditch caffeine decades ago because I had abused it so badly that I developed vertigo.
Rooiboos tea is nice before bed, or hibiscus (Celestial Seasonings has some nice blends, but you can also get in bulk & blend your own). ...
11:13 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Lynne Fox
A
Eat some chocolate.
11:12 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Heather Oneill
A
Have to have that coffee in the morning no matter what
11:10 PM - Jul 07, 2023
Emily Suess
A
In response to Heather Oneill.
That's just it. I fell back asleep and it wasn't morning anymore.
11:12 PM - Jul 07, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}