Pamela B'well
A
thread 1/5
Friends,
I feel like the time has come.
The Big Reveal:
During the pandemic, when there were only a handful of staff in my school, I took the opportunity to let my hair grow out to its natural state. I had no idea what I would find but it was time to embrace that my life as a brunette was over.
11:57 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 2/5
This has been my profile pic since the pandemic happened. I kept using it here on Spoutible, hoping to be recognizable to Twitter friends, but since then, I've made new friends. I've had to let the old relationships go. It's time to move forward, and to be who I am now. There's no denying it.
12:04 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 3/5
I let my hair grow out when the least number of people had to witness it: only.a few teachers who chose to work in the building while students learned from home. The core school staff members were supportive. Friends would not see me until the change was complete. (This wasn't easy for me.)
12:09 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 4/5
It was a shock to discover just how much gray and silver was hiding there. (I'm still surprised when I see myself in the mirror.) I've been that brown-eyed, dark-haired girl all my life. But now I had aged to acceptance. It was just time.
I was so very happy to get my first professional haircut
12:15 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
thread 5/5
And so, now I will use a more honest profile pic. And that will happen soon. (Just don't want to lose/confuse anyone.)

I realize that this may appear self-indulgent, but I'm a process person and an overthinker. I have to do things my way, and I'm still honestly processing this new reality.
12:23 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Jacqueline
A
In response to Pamela B'well.
Welcome to the platinum club! I’m a charter member, never having dyed. The transition is the toughest part and you killed it!
03:04 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Jacqueline.
I had been stressing about when to start the transition for a few years, then life handed me the opportunity to do so in relative isolation.

It's interesting how others have reacted. My son was more resistant than my daughters, which surprised me. But I don't regret it.
03:34 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Beti
A
Beautiful and inspiring!
12:52 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Beti.
Wow! What a kind thing to say.
Thank you!
12:55 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Maria OLeary
A
Looking great!
12:35 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Maria OLeary.
🌼Thank you, Maria!
01:01 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Correen
A
Wowza! Looking lovely.
12:31 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Correen.
Thank you! My hair stylist took the pic to use on her website. She was helping many clients transition to gray. #grateful for her skill!
12:36 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Ellen Leigh
A
YAY for grey!!! I stopped the dyes 8 years ago when we moved out here. Never regretted it. Since I only went from platinum blonde to nearly white, no-one even noticed though.....
11:59 AM - Jul 08, 2023
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Ellen Leigh.
It is definitely an easier transition for light-haired folks. I wore a cute beret for most of it so the students who came for curbside book check-outs would still recognize me. At a certain point, my hair was two-tone, which was very strange.
12:29 PM - Jul 08, 2023
{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}