Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
Threads is the best thing to happen to Spoutible. Millions of people will never install Instagram just to install Threads, and when their favorite follows stop tweeting to post on Threads, they will look to other platforms. Moreover, Threads will not be available in certain European countries.
Mustang Sally @RogelioGolfista
I'm here to stay. But you've got real competition with Threads. The posters want a community feeling. The problem is Threads is an Instagram tie in, meaning SM influencers abound. Threads also doesn't want to be a news/political forum and will not promote that.
10:14 AM - Jul 08, 2023
04:40 PM - Jul 08, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
All of these people touting Threads greatness were already on Instagram. At some point, they will have to bring in new users, and it's a hard sell to get someone new to install two apps. There will be a large segment of users that will never join Threads and no longer want to be on Twitter.
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Eric Olthwaite
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
No web version yet which has put me off
06:33 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Anton Brakhage
A
Hell, I'm ON Instagram and not interested in threads.
06:26 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Kathy Dunn
A
I am a newbie to Spoutible but I like what I see and will stay here rather than chase the new shiny toy
06:14 PM - Jul 08, 2023
MJ Robertshaw
A
What I like about Spoutible is the potential of seeing spouts from ordinary people like me. Putting aside Zuck's history of farming out data, in here I get to see ordinary people's opinions without the "SponsoredTM" typical of influencers that bombard me on Instagram.
05:26 PM - Jul 08, 2023
MJ Robertshaw
A
In response to MJ Robertshaw.
In here, there isn't (hopefully not in the nearer future) any post from somebody about their recent holiday in a 7 star luxury resort in Dubai. In here, I see posts of what somebody knitted, a post of their pets, or some funny and cringey anecdotes.
05:29 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Karen Llera
A
I'm one of them. I have an Instagram account but only follow family members for the pix. Sometimes months go by before I check to see if there is anything new. I like coming here, much less stressful & I have found some of my favorite follows although they're not posting much, waiting for iOS app?
04:53 PM - Jul 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}