Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 1/2
Threads is the best thing to happen to Spoutible. Millions of people will never install Instagram just to install Threads, and when their favorite follows stop tweeting to post on Threads, they will look to other platforms. Moreover, Threads will not be available in certain European countries.
Mustang Sally @RogelioGolfista
I'm here to stay. But you've got real competition with Threads. The posters want a community feeling. The problem is Threads is an Instagram tie in, meaning SM influencers abound. Threads also doesn't want to be a news/political forum and will not promote that.
10:14 AM - Jul 08, 2023
04:40 PM - Jul 08, 2023 (Edited)
Christopher Bouzy
A
thread 2/2
All of these people touting Threads greatness were already on Instagram. At some point, they will have to bring in new users, and it's a hard sell to get someone new to install two apps. There will be a large segment of users that will never join Threads and no longer want to be on Twitter.
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Celluloid Salad
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I feel like the proverbial broken record, but anyone thinking of going to Threads should read how to geeks article on it. Red flags described in it, a couple serious enough that if all other platforms died tomorrow I still wouldn’t join Threads. I’m saying this as someone who has an IG account.
09:40 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Karla
A
🙋🏽‍♀️Not installing Instagram.
08:07 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Nicole
A
This collaborative thread was some of the most fun I’ve had on Spoutible!

https://spoutible.com/thre...
08:02 PM - Jul 08, 2023
FullMoon Hair
A
Fuck Zuck.
I hate Instagram.
Spoutible is my home.
07:25 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Mustang Sally
A
They've got 80m +. Their poster vibe is the same as here. The diff is media influencers from Instagram and Maga are trying to infiltrate. A cross post/spout would work well for us and instantly allow them to get a taste of out concept. Can an agreement be attempted.
06:36 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Coherent Marketing
A
06:29 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Thomas Cantwell
A
T-shirt idea: "Don't Thread On Me" with a snake eating it's own tail in an approximation of the Meta symbol a la Ouroboros.....just spitballing.....
06:25 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Amy Pearl
A
Threads hoopla motivated me to finally activate my @Spoutible account! Grappling with the interface. Advice on how to see #breakingnews #trendingnews here? The blue bird messed that up - it was how I found & followed wendydavis filibuster and the Ukraine invasion. apnews helps but not interactive
06:13 PM - Jul 08, 2023
David Kampmann
A
It will also just help them realize they can go to a different network and find people. Then they will look at what else there is out there.
05:51 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Koronin
A
Those European countries are some of the accounts I'm trying to get to at least come here and take a look.
04:59 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Florencia Ardon
A
I don't think there is a need to become defensive. There is space for all (except Twitter! ). Many people will end up using several and will gravitate toward those that better fit their needs.
04:57 PM - Jul 08, 2023
DJohnRowinski
A
Social media communities are built not found. This is why the constant rush to the latest platform is perpetually doomed to fail. The money behind Musk is intentionally trying to factionalize the population to prevent effective opposition. Threads came too late. Hoping what you planted will grow
04:44 PM - Jul 08, 2023
Jeanne S
A
In response to DJohnRowinski.
Yes. Musk bought it to crash it b/c it was a center/left leaning news and politics behemoth. Then he told people to vote Republican just prior to the 2022 election.
What a chump. He could have used his (actually others) money more wisely.
05:08 PM - Jul 08, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}