Laura Topliffe
A
06:28 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Heather Kreeger
B
In response to Laura Topliffe.
I'm sorry, but I don't agree with any child under 18 gettin blockers N stuff. Their brain and bodies are still growing. Love them, support them and help guide them/prepare them for their journey
06:34 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Lady Liberally
A
The side effects of hormone blockers should be discussed/considered between the child, their parent, and their Dr.
I'm no doc so I can't claim to know how HB could irreparably damage any body or mind so I'm going to leave that calculation up to the affected individual and their medical professional.
In response to Heather Kreeger.
07:12 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Heather Kreeger
B
In response to Lady Liberally.
Also, thank you 😊 for the respectful dialog. No way I wanna have this discussion on Twitter lol
07:26 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Lady Liberally
A
And thank you for your opinion! I agree, this could have devolved quickly on the bird app!
And I get where the concern is for these kids, choosing HB as a child is definitely hard thing for me to conceptualize & for other layfolks. I'm sure is a much more fraught decision than a lot of us understand
07:40 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Heather Kreeger
B
In response to Lady Liberally.
I'm no doctor either, but I think you don't have to be a doctor to know that giving a child, whose body and brain are not yet done growing, maturing, medications to stop what's supposed to happen naturally/biologically. Look what happens to a fetus when a pregnant woman drinks alcohol.
07:22 PM - Jul 09, 2023
Lady Liberally
A
One would think a lot of psychological testing must be endured to assist in the HB decision and that's the most important factor (imo).
We don't give kids a lot of credit in knowing who they are but if we're intentionally raising kids to know themselves, I think they can make big choices like the
07:36 PM - Jul 09, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}