B L
A
thread 1/5
Someday I'd like to start a webcomic; it's something I've wanted to do since the early 2000s, but I didn't have the courage then and I didn't know what to draw about. Now I know that I'd like it to be based on my childhood journal entries, and be snippet stories within a larger continuous story.
08:26 AM - Jul 11, 2023
B L
A
thread 2/5
I would like to update at least 2x per week. My guess is that I'd need to dedicate about 3 hours per upload. Revenue would be based on ads. I'd also need to draw 3 months worth ahead of time before uploading the first comic.
08:28 AM - Jul 11, 2023
B L
A
thread 3/5
My style would likely look like Something Positive. Milholland grew up reading Archie comics, and so did I. Except, since it'd be based on my journals, it wouldn't be the joke-setup/punchline format like Milholland's comic and the 4-panel Archie comics.
08:31 AM - Jul 11, 2023
B L
A
thread 4/5
One of my journal entries is a detailed account of a car ride with my father that looks a lot like the infamous scene in Bojack Horseman. I imagine it to be the first story of the comic that I'd start with.
08:50 AM - Jul 11, 2023
B L
A
thread 5/5
An underlying philosophy of the comic would be kind of like Cien Años de Soledad; this idea that everyone lives next to each other but are ultimately alone, how our small actions have far-reaching consequences, and how we all make choices in spite of the fact that everything is already written.
08:57 AM - Jul 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}