Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs
A
"I also want y’all to think about this. Calling women of whiteness Karen isn’t calling them outside their name. Y’all still get so much dignity in being called by an actual freaking name that you would name your child or refer to a beloved family member by."
Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs @halohalomls
"If your name is actually Karen, and if you’re white, I encourage you to check your fragility at this time...you can feel your feelings about how your name is being used, but also reflect on how you have contributed to the Karen trope."
11:29 PM - Jul 11, 2023
11:32 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
Fr fr "Karen" is probably one of the funniest things of all time to me. But we use other names too. Like Becky, Helen, and Carol, the latter two I see more for old white women acting a fool. Karens get all bent out of shape for nothing.
In response to Halo-Halo w/ All the Sighs.
11:41 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Andrea Loken
A
In response to Acey Deecey 🚀🚀.
Wow, my fellow white gals' brittleness (as in crumbling/going off for no valid reason*) is really something...

I wonder if the poor dears also get upset when they get called Karen by their fellow white folks?

-----
*thank you to the wise @mystrixnoire for the accurate term 'white brittleness'
01:03 PM - Jul 12, 2023
Nia Molinari
A
I have a neighbor that's an older woman named Karen. She's liberal af, so I asked her what it's like to be a white Karen right now, she laughed and shrugged. She doesn't give a shit.
12:03 AM - Jul 12, 2023 (Edited)
Rebecca
A
Yeah, I’m not running around the Internet saying “we don’t all have good hair”!
11:50 PM - Jul 11, 2023
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
In response to Rebecca.
Exactly!
11:50 PM - Jul 11, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}