NewBluePolitics
A
Marjorie Taylor Greene and George Santos have filed federal legislation to ban books. Republicans in Congress, if they pass that, ARE the fascists. They have taken off the masks and they are clearly fascists. #MAGAmeltdown #fascists
02:31 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Kevin NomdePlume
A
In response to NewBluePolitics.
I know a lot of those are on some banned books lists, but I'm skeptical of this list being what they're trying to ban now, because many of these titles are too old or long to have been read by Santos or MTG.
They tend to target newer material as being "Woke"
10:16 AM - Feb 18, 2023
PrtldSunshine
A
03:51 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Ellen Kadin
A
This is insanity.
03:22 AM - Feb 18, 2023
Susan Wilk
A
These are GREAT books! I don’t recognize a couple so they’re on my Next Reads list.
08:14 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Patricia
A
I’ve got money that says Margie3Names hasn’t read one book on that list even though I’m sure George Santos told her he regrets writing all of them … 🙄
06:14 AM - Feb 17, 2023
allwen6
A
Good grief, I've read over half of them Mice ^ Men and Huckleberry Flyn are classics
03:33 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Helen Quenet
A
That is a truly terrifying list! Essential reading for everyone!
02:47 AM - Feb 17, 2023
Oklahoma Kate
A
Parents Rights? People need to get vocal about not letting extremists determine what their child reads. Libraries have computer systems. Books should not banned, if a parent wants to exclude a book from a child—it just needs to be their own child.
02:37 AM - Feb 17, 2023
David Von Stroh
A
Wow, that's pretty much every book I was assigned to read in middle school and high school - in Texas no less. Florida has become a really strange place...
02:34 AM - Feb 17, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}