Myron Clifton
A
thread 1/2
To make this commercial in the mid 1990’s I had to join SAG-Aftra.

Now I’m a writer.

I support both strikes and hope the writers & actors get the money /benefits/residuals they earn and deserve.

(Commercial was for MCI, filmed in New York & I’m still friends with this crew)
03:14 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
thread 2/2
Glad to hear the actors were already planning to strike but had to wait until negotiations failed (might be using wrong language) so hopefully more pressure will break the greedy studios
05:00 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Lisse (she/her)
A
In response to Myron Clifton.
Wow 🤩! Impressive, Myron! Melanin really is quite impenetrable. 😉

I agree with you. The writers and actors should get what they deserve. The fact that they cannot come to terms, shows that these major studios are money hungry capitalists, not concerned with the best interests of SAG-AFTRA.
07:12 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Khrissy Choate
A
I fully support the strikes. I’m also curious as to how long you think they may last.
06:28 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
In response to Khrissy Choate.
I hope not too long. Most actors and writers aren’t “wealthy” but live regular lives like the rest of us imo
02:35 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Steven
A
I've worked for a union and organized our office under a different union. ALWAYS support labor.

I wasn't able to join a union when I worked in commercial production in NYC (around when your MCI spot was filmed) and that part sucked.
06:04 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Happy4uu&u
A
Is this called gracefully aging, or not aging at all…I don’t know what the general survey of either saying is 😊

It shouldn’t be the consequence of walking the picket line. Have foresight to see everything changes around us, so should the intrinsic worth, or value of the writers and actors.
04:03 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
Ha! Yes sir.
02:37 AM - Jul 14, 2023
Idiots Abound, LLC
A
That's a fine-looking bunch of folks.
03:54 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Ground Control
A
My late grandfather was a union man who got run out of his job and had to spend his last years before retirement working in a nursing home (and even then, it was just because his mother was already there).

With that and being a working writer, I support both strikes too...all the way.
03:52 PM - Jul 13, 2023
BigBrownGirl
A
03:52 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Comrade
A
Holy cow, I haven't heard about MCI in decades.
03:29 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Robyn Stewart
A
I agree. The moguls are banking we want shows no matter what. We support the writers and actors get their due bc streaming has cut their income/residuals way down. Not everyone is Meryl Streep or Ryan Murphy on the pay scale.
03:22 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Dave Sloan
A
Was this the Grammercy Park campaign? My wife and I bothr worked at MCI (where we met)
03:18 PM - Jul 13, 2023
Myron Clifton
A
In response to Dave Sloan.
It was either right before or concurrently done.
04:59 PM - Jul 13, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}