B L
A
thread 1/4
Just watched Mandalorian: Season 1, episode 4. The dialogue and story were awful. But they could have made just a few changes to make the episode passable. Like, have the ex-Rebel trooper and the widow be the same person. She'd personify the conflict of stay-on-the-run vs. stay-hidden-and-safe.
10:03 PM - Jul 14, 2023
B L
A
thread 2/4
Have baby yoda turn the tide of the battle, instead of the ex-Rebel trooper. The episode had already set up the expectation that the plan was doomed to fail, and baby yoda already showed that he could turn the tide of a battle (the rhinoceros fight episode).
10:08 PM - Jul 14, 2023
B L
A
thread 3/4
Don't have that sniper at the end. It forced the Mandalorian to make an obvious choice. Without the sniper, the Mandalorian would have to decide: do I leave baby yoda here to live in safety, or do I take him with me, now that I know that it's powerful enough to take down an Imperial AT-ST?
10:12 PM - Jul 14, 2023
B L
A
thread 4/4
That said, I really like how the rhinoceros fight in the earlier episode sets up possible foreshadowing: that the parents of baby yoda--like the rhinoceros parent--were mercilessly and pointlessly eliminated, by robbers stealing the baby to give it to someone who wants to extract its material parts.
10:18 PM - Jul 14, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}