David James
A
I’m sure there are people outside of the US, who are looking at all the posts about voting I’m thinking “Oh my God it’s just posts about voting, I'm off”.
Please don’t go, if you don’t understand the seriousness should the Republicans win the next election you need to do more research.
04:45 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Cath Greig
A
In response to David James.
On the contrary, US politics affects us all. I’m still bamboozled by the electoral system which seems incredibly unwieldy but starting to get it (sort of)!
06:06 PM - Jul 18, 2023
David James
A
In response to Cath Greig.
The current electoral system is crazy, far too convoluted and far too many representatives for huge states in comparison to those for smaller states that are more populous.
06:16 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Cath Greig
A
We have archaic first past the post here in UK which means that the Tories got 56% of seats with just 43.6% of the vote. They are also emulating a lot of MAGA crap probably orchestrated by Bannon et al.
06:25 PM - Jul 18, 2023
David James
A
In response to Cath Greig.
I’ve been out of the UK for 20 years now, I really have no desire to come back, but the political situation looks to be a mess, Boris, I predicted would be Prime Minister many many years ago, I didn’t realize how bad he’d be at it, but Rishi Sunak does not appear strong.
06:26 PM - Jul 18, 2023
Cath Greig
A
A weak and corrupt government with some horrors holding important posts within it.
01:21 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}