Salome Strangelove
A
thread 1/5
So, I have a question but I don’t want to be one of those part time users complaining about a site in progress. IOW, please understand I ask this question in good faith because it’s the #1 thing keeping me from being here more often.
02:25 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 2/5
This thing where my timeline or notifications, etc., returns to the top every time I switch between site features is frustrating af. Is it a setting I’m missing or is it at least something on the radar to implement?
02:28 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 3/5
This site requires a focused effort to cultivate my feed (which is fine). It’s also newer and in progress which is understood. Rome wasn’t built in a day, etc. Lastly, it puts the bulk of development into anti-harassment and fighting misinformation. I support these priorities.
02:38 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 4/5
Unfortunately, I’m still finding the interface frustrating enough to discourage me from using the site for more than a few minutes at a time because the minute I choose to explore someone else’s message or notification I am force jumped back to the top of my timeline.
02:42 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
thread 5/5
So if this is something I’m doing wrong or already in the mix to be addressed when resources allow I’m happy to be patient. Just trying to figure out which.
02:49 AM - Jul 19, 2023
bronxelf
A
In response to Salome Strangelove.
There are fixes in the works for this - it's one of the top complaints by everyone.
03:18 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
In response to bronxelf.
I just had another user give me work arounds which solves a majority of my issues.

This is SO MUCH BETTER.
03:24 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Goose
A
In response to Salome Strangelove.
Your explore view unfortunately will always reset to the top. Your timeline will reset if you leave it and then return by clicking on your Timeline directly. If instead you hit the back button at the top, it will return to where you were in your timeline. It’s confusing, but you get used to it :)
02:35 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
In response to Goose.
I’m confused. Is this for the app?
02:51 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Salome Strangelove
A
In response to Goose.
Ahhh. Okay. I’m seeing the Back button when I stay within features. That, in itself, is a tremendous help. There’s still the frustration of switching between notifications and messages, but this knowledge will cut down on my problems tenfold. Thank you.
02:57 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}