Forest .
A
This is my trauma talking, but wow once you start noticing child abuse and the effects it has on people you start seeing it in everything. I know many abusers were abused themselves, but they're such twisted people. Sadly I live where I have to witness it currently, so angry and feel powerless.
02:11 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
I'm 100% Gen X. Child abuse was my reality. I experienced it. I witnessed it then and could only stand by helplessly. These days, while I cannot resort to the knife violence those folks deserve, I would call CPS all day every day if I had to. Now I know this is easier as an outsider. I stay outside.
02:26 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
I just don't know what to do because CPS often either doesn't help or makes things worse, and also I think while what this particular parent is doing is awful it's completely legal.... I'm glad you are someone who cares about kids. I need to be reminded there are people who care.
02:28 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
I do care about kids. They are innocent & vulnerable. They deserve to be loved and protected. I don't care what a parent's problems are. The kids didn't create that drama. Not long ago, a mother here in Japan begged authorities to take her son from her home. They didn't. He's was murdered at 4.
02:43 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
God that's horrible. People who hurt children are so disgusting. It's scary how many of them are in positions of power.
02:44 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
Sometimes, I run out of words to describe how I feel about this. Now that our stupid Supreme Court will force women to bear children they don't want, we can expect things to get worse for our most vulnerable citizens.
03:10 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
Honestly the longer this scotus horror show goes on the more I wish I could just get a hysterectomy. I have no interest in having kids to a phobic level. But I'm "too young to make that decision" or whatever. It'll sound naive to say but sometimes I just wonder why these people hate women so much.
03:28 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
You'rre not naive. The powers that be hate women as much as they hate Black and Indigenous people. This hatred is a cancer. It will consume our country alive from the inside out. The SCOTUS puppetmasters don't even want kids. They need numbers to maintain their positions in society.
03:35 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
Because of my history with childhood trafficking I have unfortunately met a huge amount of men in powerful positions who have not a single ounce of compassion and even though I've spent so much time around those types of people (some women as well) I will never understand them.
03:39 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
First, I am so sorry you have had to deal with so much in your young life. Second, those people sound absolutely despicable. I don't even know how they look themselves in the mirror.
03:44 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
In my experience they just don't (at least not in the more metaphorical way). Quite a few of them actually totally hate themselves and then take it out on everyone else. Somehow, I don't really feel sorry for them. And thank you. It was awful but I hope some of what I've learned can be helpful.
03:48 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
All of our stories matter. We can't stop the horrors if we don't know they exist. From there, we need to confront them head on. it makes sense that many of those ghouls would rather spend their time and energy hurting others instead of making themselves better people. Self-improvement is hard work.
03:53 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
So true. My therapist is always reminding me I'm actually much stronger than my abusers because I'm getting help for my trauma and working on my issues instead of running from it and pushing the pain onto others (especially not pushing it onto innocent children!!!)
03:58 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
In response to Forest ..
You have a good therapist. You'rewalking the harder path. You're taking that trauma and you're using what you've experienced to make life better for others. I don't know if there is an afterlife, but what you're doing counts in this life and I hope you will be rewarded in some meaningful way.
04:01 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Forest .
A
In response to Licia.
Thank you, that means a lot. I could say the same about you! I need to go to bed but thanks for talking with me :^)
04:05 AM - Jul 19, 2023
Licia
A
Thank you, too. Have a wonderful night's rest. The sun will come out tomorrow no matter what. Knowing this always makes me look forward to another day, even Tuesday. 😆
In response to Forest ..
04:10 AM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}