Diane Turner
A
We keep trying to find fossil fuel replacements so that we can all drive cars:

How about lessening the time individuals are in cars? Invest in light rail and mass transportation solutions as much as we can. Tax the shit out of McMansions and other fuel guzzlers. It’s sprawl that causes issues.
Eric Gordy @EricGordy
As energy supply shifts from petroleum to electric, the demand for massive supplies of lithium for batteries is going to devastate the poorest communities around the world. This is not a solution to any environmental or social problem.
02:34 PM - Jul 19, 2023
02:40 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Julie Brannon
A
In response to Diane Turner.
ALL OF THIS!! The solutions are right in front of us, yet we can't seem to reach them. We're like addicts who just can't kick our habit.
06:36 AM - Jul 20, 2023
Arthur Grupp
A
i doubt very much that any materials used for energy won’t come at a cost to the poorest communities and people.
06:07 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Arthur Grupp.
That is why I am saying we need to focus on solutions that gave people using less fuel in their behaviors overall. Smaller houses… shorter commutes mass transportation. I feel like houses and cars have gotten bigger with the climate crisis.
11:01 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Jacqueline Manley
B
No, it's not
02:42 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Jacqueline Manley.
Ok. You don’t think more time in cars, w less mass transportation is not an issue? What are your thoughts.
02:45 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Anne Lutz Fernandez
A
Yes, please. We cannot solve the problems cars cause with more/new cars.
02:41 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Anne Lutz Fernandez
A
In response to Anne Lutz Fernandez.
From 13 years ago: https://amp.theguardian.co...
02:42 PM - Jul 19, 2023
Diane Turner
A
In response to Anne Lutz Fernandez.
And different fuels. Smaller cars. Less time in them. Smaller homes with less commuting. People don’t want to give up their creature comforts.
02:44 PM - Jul 19, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}